Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
pay by Paypal and it doesn't seem to work that way, this is what happened last time as well. Will have to email them tomorrow and see if they have the order, they didn't last time and I had to go through the checkout again and pay on my card and its always scary that the money will go out twice that way.
June, I know a lot of people use Paypal but I don't trust them plus if you do it on your c/card and time it right you get 60 days to actually pay. Do Landywoods charge for c/card Still on my list of things to do but haven't ordered just yet.

If it was me I'd want something in writing to say you won't have to pay twice. Yes I know they will credit you but what I object to is all the e-mails, phone calls, etc. to get that credit, it's time consuming and frustrating.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2015, 08:41 PM
With you there on the "people surplus" Harvey. I only have to go a few miles to Oldham, Ashton u Lyne and the surrounding areas and there is no end of empty housing stock of all categories. If there really was a housing shortage (not a manufactured one) I feel sure that these properties would be snapped up. Local councils tend to ignore this, which I find strange as surely they would increase their revenue if properties were filled. Beyond me - have never pretended to know anything about the local government's ways and dealings. Mind - would not be at all surprised to find that "bungs" were flying about at the higher levels. Bye fer now.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2015, 08:42 PM
That bridge is a concrete monstrosity, no way can it be disguised as anything in the slightest bit historic.

To you and I it's a monstrosity but to an advertising copywriter it's 'historic' 'cos they are all 20 somethings 'with it' youfs with no idea, to them anything over 15 years old is 'historic' oh dear I'm starting to sound like an old crinkly
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2015, 08:43 PM
I'm going to speak to them tomorrow before I pay anything!!! Harvey have a look at DAF before making a decision https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=DA...KiwCqzY7AbJtAE
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Love that pic
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
She was 6 months old on that one
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Oooooh! Nice bridge June - obviously it will be under some sort of preservation order - being an edifice of outstanding physical beauty!
Always look on the bright side here - Lovely pic of Mabs, she is really my favourite (although I know one shouldn't have favourites).
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2015, 08:49 PM
Harvey have a look at DAF before making a decision
June, much obliged, it's on my favorites list already Sorry to be picking your brains but having been out of the country for nigh on eleven years I'm not up to speed on these suppliers.

ETA:-
Yes, Mabs looks wonderful
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Harvey, I hope we're all on here to help each other, I know others are on for other reasons, but thats why I'm on anyway
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-03-2015, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
there is no end of empty housing stock of all categories. If there really was a housing shortage (not a manufactured one) I feel sure that these properties would be snapped up.
There once was a time when young couples would be happy to buy into an olderhouse and 'do it up' but now it seems all they want is something shiny new even if it is an 'eggbox'
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »