Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 05:20 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread Tuesday.

Morning everyone.
Dillon decided he needed a wander round the garden at 5.35am. There was a dog barking in the distance and a neighbour shouting out. No idea who or what it was about.
Now if Dillon could hear that dog through double glazed windows, curtains drawn and blinds down why can he not hear me up close and personal ?
Very chilly out there at that time and a bit misty so I am hoping for some nice Autumnal sunshine later.

Lorraine I read about poor Davie yesterday when reading through last nights thread. I hope he is ok today and his confidence is not in tatters.
it is not nice to see your children bullied. Mark was bullied by a teacher in junior school luckily by then his dad was a teacher in a different school and we moved him. Michael was bullied in yr 7 but not for long the school and his head of year were amazing and he had a big brother at the same school.
I really hope you can get it sorted for him. Its not what you need after all you have been through recently.
Sally I have skeleton keys and am letting you out of the sick bay. I hope the toe is not too sore after the rather medieval way of removing it.
I will make sure plenty of dark choccie mousse is delivered to you in the hopes you don't sue.
We are going to need someone in to fill in the holes where the bullets ricocheted off Eileen's body armour. It has ruined my padded cell good job I am not in need of it today.
jenny I am not sure which day your brothers tribunal is or the funeral but just want to say if either are today I am thinking of you.
Jenny I hope your son is feeling better today so you can worry a little less.
Anyone else feeling poorly feel well soon.

Enjoy your Tuesday and play nicely. I will be back later.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:33 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all,

We decided it was best that Davie have today off in case he still has a dicky tummy. Even when thing have been bad he's not had accidents so I think it's a genuine bug. One day won't hurt.

I'm going to call David's guidance teacher today, see if I can't get a word with him about this and the geography problem.

Work for me today, got PE first. Tonight tidying up and more revising, exam in less than two weeks. Eek!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:34 AM

Morning Lynn, bless Dillon, as they say, none so deaf as them that don't want to hear!!

Well we were back up to Exeter at 8-30 last night to bring Paul home.
As all investigations were normal other than his B/P they said he could come home.
The conclusion was that the virus he has had all week had settled on where there was already a weakness, from his stroke. They have sent him home in the care of his GP.
Not sure whether I was pleased or not. I think maybe it was his powers of persuasion!
I will find out later how he is

Hope everyone is well. I'm off to finish reading last nights thread now
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

It was very muggy last night Lynn, I expect Dillon got a bit hot and wanted a cool wander in the garden. Zena was hot she spent most of the night on the kitchen floor, but thankfully, she laid in till gone 7. I had to call her in from the garden just now, cos she was interested in my bucket where I'd caught some slugs and snails last night, but I'd tied them all up in a plastic bag anyway, so she thought she'd done wrong, so I gave her a cuddle and scrum and now she's upside down and wriggling around knowing she didn't do anything wrong I love this dog

I might start on my curtains for the van this morning, but have to go out first because although I bought the sewing machine, guess what I forget to buy with it The cotttton!!! Won't get done without it I s'pose.

Very warm and muggy and almost a clear blue sky already down here, might check out the beach and see what the tide's doing today as we haven't been down there for a while.

Jen, I'm sorry to hear about your son again, and I hope they get to the bottom of it whilst he's in there for tests. Must be so worrying for you all.

Sally, ouchie with that toenail of yours, I didn't realise it was you with the bad toe, I thought you were suffering with the bunion, but I think you've got that as well. I will make sure you get a private room in the sick bay so nobody can get near you with those pliers, especially June

Lorraine, sorry to hear about Davie ((((hugs))))

Jenny, hope you're getting over that cold now and ready to face this stressful week.xxx

Better get on, I got up too late. Enjoy your day everyone

Morning Jen and Lorraine who snuck in whilst I was typing.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Morning all,
It's obvious I have missed a chunk of postings along the way to do with Lore and Davie? I will try to find it. School problems are horrible.

You'll have to buy Dillon an ear trumpet Lynn - I can just see him with one of those! Puzzles me what sometimes 'sets them off' when they can ignore quite loud and persistent barking and yapping from close by or cats caterwauling at volume, but sometimes just a scrape, or a squeak (or maybe a strange dog or someone talking in the street) will have them off their bums and 'on guard'. I hope you get the weather you are expecting.

Nippy
I hope all goes well with Paul and you don't end up back and fro the doctors.

Well the only thing of any note so far today in my corner of the world is I was warned to be careful by neighbour's son who I saw on the way out with Bella that they'd seen a snake on the field path He said he threw a stone at it and it slithered off. Careful? I ain't going over there at all til weather gets cold enough to send them to sleep! Bella likes things that 'zigzag' she might think it's a legless lizard and chase it! I've been on the lookout for them since they mowed down the field and a lot of the thicket bits round the edges. Lucky for me Bella NEVER runs off the path into the field even when other dogs do. But this was ON the path!

Turned towards the seafront instead and saw my pal Andrea who whispered to me that she has a really bad sore throat so I quickly got away from her too! (I'm going into the manic pre-flying-to-UK stage where I worry that I'm going to be ill or injured before I get there!)

Managed to cut my toenails last night so yesterday wasn't a totally 'wasted' day. I think what I should do now is log on and do a couple of hours' work and then sit in the sun for a bit and maybe do a couple of sewing jobs to try out my new machine. Then start having a look through my UK WARDROBE to see what stuff I will take with me next month. My UK wardrobe takes up more room than my Cyprus one does because all the clothes are bigger and bulkier and it has coats and boots and macs and all that!

Will speak to my Jenny later to see about the possibility of me getting insured to use her little car when over. Otherwise I think I will hire one this time. Train travel is lovely in the UK if it is for leisure but I don't fancy it for having to be back and fro hospitals and all that. And I will effectively be over there 'on my own' Mart being out of action.

Will check back later for more updates when they are up and running.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Morning Lorraine. I hope you get some answers from Davie's teacher.
Morning Jenny I hope the hospital are right and your son now starts a quick recovery.
Morning Helena. Oh no fancy forgetting the cotton. Sort of thing I do.
Poor Zena thinking she was being bad when she was being nosey. Your like me when they are not being naughty and think they are give cuddle and a game.
Enjoy the beach if you go.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Morning Pat. Wise to stay away from where snakes might be.
Hopefully today will be the day you get the info you need about coming to the UK.
I like the idea of two wardrobes.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Pat. Wise to stay away from where snakes might be.
Hopefully today will be the day you get the info you need about coming to the UK.
I like the idea of two wardrobes.
I've got four huge ceiling to floor wardrobes! I keep my tumble dryer and ironing stuff in one of 'em lol! As for clothes I wear all the time - they wouldn't even fill one - most of my day to day clobber is in a tall chest of drawers.

Helena snuck in so I will go read hers now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning Helena

Good luck with playing with your new sew/machine. I might be getting mine up on the table today too. First time I've had one that comes with a smart soft padded carry case and I like it much better than the usual hard cover and it doesn't let dust in!

It's called a 'Sew Easy' bag and guess what ... THE SELL THEM IN DUNELMS!

Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Morning all, hope everyone ok/recovering/on the up...

quick drop in whilst checking banks!!! My usual Tuesday to follow, take step father to docs, then bank, then Tesco. After that, visit aunt in the home. Then back to make tea. One day I'll get round to the decorating this house is crying out for!!!

Have a good one everybody
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »