View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Ah LYNN,be lovely to stop by,have a coffee and a chin wag Everything will fall into place you'll see(( hugs))
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Hello everyone, late on parade today. I hope all is well with you all. Lovely and peaceful here just Amber and me. I did try phone my sister to thank her properly for the present and to see how little Bertie settled but there was no reply so whether she was out in the garden or still over at Jane's I don't know. Phoned Steve he got one catch at 6 o'clock this morning but he said it has been very quiet and he may come home tonight and just go day fishing. So we shall see. He took enough food and equipment for two or three nights away so he may yet change his mind and stay. As long as he gets in touch with the doctors later in the week for his results.

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Mornign Eileen no news on the move yet waiting for the other solicitors and now the mortgage company are getting stroppy not in a good place.
Your mortgage co? Or your buyers?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Dogs walked, paper bought and coffee drunk. Coughing like a good'n' today which will probably drive everyone round the bend .. including me I plan to cover another of our kitchen chairs today as I really don't feel up to doing anything energetic.

Pat - Thanks so much for that link. I have never seen that website but will trawl through it in a second. Thanks Love that gorgeous photo of your night time view
Hopefully you'll get a result after your morning visit .. well done. I've never heard of little red flies which maybe are native to Cyprus. For goodness sake make sure you doh't bring any over here when you come
Lynn - I'm glad Dillon was a good boy, even if his speed did involve you having to run
Girliebiker - Hope you are feeling better soon. Its always nice to get all the wood in ready for the winter ... I think its called homemaking
Moyra - Enjoy the peace and normality of only having Amber
Hi to Mini and Eileen and anyone else I've missed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Mortgage company Pat. All ok rung them about the letter sent and told to ignore it. The arrangement Gorden agreed on Thursday is noted full payment plus the amount we can afford on the top every month as from the 1st till house sold or not as long as we keep with the arrangement is fine.

Phew began to panic there.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Afternoon all, glad to see the sick bay is emptying

We were all up late today, had a long day yesterday going to West Bromwich & back & judging an Obedience class. A lt of walking for me so my legs are very stiff this morning. Had a lovely class to judge & some really nice dogs who all tried so very very hard for their owners.

Saw lots of friends & had a good laugh over lunch with some of them.

No more judging for me until the end of October. Thank goodness. Think I need two new legs

Lovely sunny day yesterday & the same today
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Morning Joedee not sure if we do new legs in the sick bay.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Lynn - after 17 years of "hips" [including numerous major surgeries on my daughter's left hip] and learning to cope with the possibility of surgery on her right hip], and later on my own then diagnosed HD, there is very little I do not know about hip problems in humans. And dogs are basically the same.

I think I posted the link to the Webinar Hip Displasia in Dogs and I know that the recording is still available for those who might be interested.

Incidentally, they never did operate on my daughter's right hip as once she had reached the age of five and sort of finished having surgeries on her left hip for the time being, the head of the femur on her right leg had put sufficient pressure on her socket so that it grew and "cupped" round it as we had hoped for.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Dillon seems to be just fine he has a joint supplement as advised by the vet school. His breeder is very much in the school of these are large dogs and take more time to grow and develop and of course she is right.
He was diagnosed as mild and maybe now if we were to have him x-rayed again and scored may find his hips are fine. We are not sure if we will in the future or not. He is now neutered so will not be used in any breeding programmes.
He may suffer later who knows. For now he is doing really well can gallop at a fast pace and loves his walks and play times. Big dogs when older normally have orthopedic problems in later life in some form or other so till we have to possibly address the issue I am not going to worry over it.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Lynn - I was told my daughter would never be able to have children due to weekly Xrays for months on end, when she was too small to put a lead covering over her ovaries. I told her than when she was old enough to understand and her comment was "so what, I can always adopt". But she had three large full-term babies naturally, and then two C-sections early due to pre-eclampsia. So the as much as they knew regarding all her Xrays, they were wrong.

But she never did need to have surgery on her right hip after all the major surgeries on her left hip because once she started to walk properly [about a year after she took her first hesitant steps just two days before her second birthday and before more surgeries on her left hip], the weight on her right femur put sufficient pressure on the socket to enable the socket to "cup" and grow properly around it.

She is now 45 years old and has arthritis in both her hips, but not so bad that she cannot wait for a few years before they consider hip replacements. At the moment she is far too young.

So who knows whether Dillon will have problems in the future? I had no promises with my daughter except the one that she would be walking by the time she went to school.

There are no guarantees in life, however expert the consultants are - and my daughter was lucky enough to have the best hip expert ever.

Hopefully Dillon will do as well as she has done until now.
Page 3 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »