View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Hi Everyone received this from my friend I needed cheering up,so wanted to share.1st one didnt work so Rotten Weather 2 does dont want to talk about the procedure, All I can say is I have a fair amount of plastic (draining tubes) and they are very uncomfortable Gemini54
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Good morning all,

Lynn Good luck with moving your mum today, just think of it as being the last time. Just hope she is grateful this time.

Helena Hope the visit to the osteopath goes well. Steve has just come back from the chiropractor she seems to be doing some good. I bought him that silent night memory foam mattress. He spent less than 3 hours on it last night and went back to his orthopaedic one. The chiropractor told him to leave it until his back is better and then maybe it will suit him then as it should being firmer.

Nippy Sorry to hear how your son is suffering I hope they can do something for him.

Lore Enjoy your weekend away and well done to Davie.

Malka Glad Pereg's secondary fit didn't materialize. Sorry you didn't receive your carpet yesterday. Not very fond of Lizards myself so watch his movements.

Mini Good luck with Chloe's vacinnations Amber's are due next month. Cannot believe how quick those years go round.

Have a good day everyone else. Afraid my back is playing up again this morning maybe I ought to try the chiropractor too.
Evening Moyra sorry to hear your back is playing up again bad backs are so painful so I hope it eases soon.

Originally Posted by Taffsmum View Post
Morning all. Glorious day here today. Hope it stays like this for next week while we are away.
Good luck with the move Lynn. Hope it goes smoothly.
I expect you're under the Bone Cruncher at the moment Helena. Enjoy it.
Sorry to hear about your son Jenny. Hope they find out what the trouble is.
Woke up to find Taffy had been sick during the night. He'd brought up what looked like part of a pine cone.

Lord knows what he had been eating that for.
Been shopping this morning & then OH wanted me to come with him to take some photos of this plaque that he has arranged to be painted. It's on the old drill hall where he used to go when it was the TA building. Somebody else has taken it over now & they painted the outside white but splashed white paint all over the plaque. He's been trying for months to find a stone mason to clean it but apparently it can't be cleaned so this company have donated the paint & labour free to do it. He is hoping that the local press will publish the story & of course he wants his photo in it.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Evening Lynne I was going to say that looks like a corn on the cob too.
That sounds a nice project for OH.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning all
Sorry I haven't made the past couple of days to say Hi,but it's been chaos here with having new carpets fitted etc and Lizzie was poorly a few days ago,feeling better though now.

Beautiful morning here,been and dropped off Lizzie and done my shopping and picked up some new ladders from B&Q so I can finally put some boxes up the loft

Builders were outside this morning at 6am blasting out music,apparently the lady from next door has had a go at them for it.There still building at the back of us,so we're currently getting alot dirt and noise,but when they go at 4pm it's lovely

Had a quick chat with the neighbours yesterday,they seem really nice,always say a quick hello and ask how you are when they see us

Tom has signed for the local football team and went training on wednesday evening with them,he's hoping to make some new friends and some of the lads are also going on to the same college too

Have a good day all xx
Evening Sal sounds hectic where you are.
Nice to hear you sounding so positive about your new home.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Afternoon to all those I missed earlier and all that come after

TM, blimey, if he ate some of that it wouldn't be good, cos as Malka says I think it's a burnt out corn cob and they're not good for dogs The corn is ok obviousleeeee, but not that cob. Good luck with Taff I hope he's ok now.

Hi Sal, nice to see you popping in even though you're very busy having just moved in, andit's lovely to hear the neighbours are friendly, just what you wished for hey.

Went to the bone cruncher and he had printed off a picture of my neck from the mri disk, and he sat and explained what is going on there, and it's not at all good Apparently, I have no "gap" alongside the spinal chord along a short section (4 and 5 from memory), and he said he is going to put this print out in with my notes, so that he knows never to touch the upper part of my neck otherwise he'll kill me or paralyse me Don't want that do we!!!! Well some of us do lol!

He was very pleased with my outcome so far, and did some more deep massage, and then he wanted to do some crunching He did my middle back, it crunched, but didn't feel any different, then he went to my neck He told me not to worry cos he was quite safe doing this at the lower end, so I trusted him and let him go ahead after he had a good feel around in there just cos he is so interested, I'm a very interesting case apparently Anyway, he crunched and although I felt ok, when I sat up, I felt a bit strange again with the swaying, which happened when I first damaged those neck disks and ended up in hospital not knowing which way was up. Anyway, it went in a couple of minutes and I've been ok ever since, phew!

I wonder why they have to "crunch" your back like that so that it cracks? I might have to Google now.

I managed a swift zoom around Sainsbury's my legs work fine again and there is absolutely no pain in my back. However, Dave is home tonight, so I'm sure I'll get a pain in the neck again lol (if you catch my drift there )

Gary has mowed the lawns front and back. I let him do the back cos the grass was 6" tall, the new turf has taken a treat, and now it looks like a brand new lawn all over, but I'm sure it won't take Zena long to ruin it all again by wee'ing on it, but what can you do.

Off for lunch now, bit of telly and a well earned nanny nap with an ice pack on my back.

Hope everything is well with you Jen, still thinking about you.
Evening Helena we wouldn't expect anything else than you being an interesting case.
That neck business sounds a bit scarey you don't ant old Tom, Dick or Harry having a go at it do you ?
Hope you enjoyed the nanny nap and Dave isn't too much of a pain in the neck.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Glad to hear everyone's having a lovely day and enjoying the beautiful weather, make the most of it, tomorrow will more than likely be winter
Yer man sounds like he really knows his stuff Helena, it is really good when they take the trouble to sit down with you and show you what has happened, tell you what is wrong and then how they intend to help you, and also to know what their limitations are on keeping you pain free.
Not so sure I like the sound of the ice packs, but then again its a warm day after all.
Thinking of you Lynn, moving your mother, this is not going to be a good day for you, it will all come together but not without a possible load of grief for those of you who are doing their utmost to do their best by her, and the abuse they will most likely have to suffer. Big advance hugs, cos you'll need them.
That is dreadfully worrying about your son Nippy, especially as they seem to be dragging their feet on finding out exactly what the problem is, like you I wonder why on earth they didn't scan in the beginning.
Sounds like another day in Paradise for you Jenny, doors open and dogs playing nicely together.
Good idea about using your vouchers for the wildlife park Linda and glad to hear Loki is still OK.
I hope you like this carpet when it finally does arrive Malka, because otherwise you'll be going through all this waiting several times over by the looks of things. Nice that you had an undisturbed night all in all and that she is looking stable for the moment.
Your new house and neighbourhood sounds lovely Sally, such a relief after all the years of horrid neighbours, you must think you've landed in another world
Been a busy bee today. Got everyone out for a walk and a play on the field, then put the big umbrella up and they all lay underneath out of the sun having their lunchtime bones.
I found I had yet another soft tyre this morning, thankfully not a totally flat one. So off to the tyre place again, I said to him if it was the same problem as the other one then I would be bringing my car in for him to check the other 2 wheels and he agreed, anyhow it was the valve this time. So they have done that, I never go there even once in a year sometimes, I have been twice in the same week up to now.....
Went off to fill up with lpg - cost me £26 - oh I love it. Then off for shavings and picked up some chicken and tripe pet mince whilst I was there then headed back home, got pet mince from the butchers and ox heart, and a couple more plants, popped into Asda and home for something to eat, I'm starving, I may even go and sit outside for an hour.
It is lovely having some money in the bank, today is my payday when my works pension goes in, after today we are back to scrimping and scraping, but it is nice to have one day when I'm not
Evening June. Glad to see you enjoyed spending your money. Blimey what's going on with your tyres then I wonder.
Sounds like you got some bargains for the girlies and they have been enjoying them.

Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Everyone received this from my friend I needed cheering up,so wanted to share.1st one didnt work so Rotten Weather 2 does dont want to talk about the procedure, All I can say is I have a fair amount of plastic (draining tubes) and they are very uncomfortable Gemini54
Evening wishing you well soon.

We got in from sorting mum out about 1/4 to 5 after leaving this morning at 10.15. Dillon had been a very good boy while we were out all that time.
Well she is in and settled clothes put away ornaments and pictures out tele all working now we wait and see how she likes it.
We met two ladies visiting their mums while waiting in the hall area and they were telling mum and me how nice it was there and how much their mums enjoyed being there.
We shall see I am not holding my breath but she needs this level of care so had no option.
I can't believe it was nearly as bad as when we cleared the house. That's it now I am never doing it again.
Still waiting for my wine we didn't stop on the way back we wanted to get back for Dillon. One of us will pop out later for wine and fish and chips we have earnt it.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Malka, look what I have just read.....
http://www.torquayheraldexpress.co.u...ail/story.html

about 10 miles down the road from us
I'm always concerned about what might jump out from bananas!
I've been thinking of you this afternoon and hope that Paul doesn't have to wait to long for his MRI slot.
I don't mind lizzards - the poor thing must have been terrified. Much rather a lizzard in bananas than a spider which was found in some bananas locally in Surrey a few years ago.

Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
I'm really pleased you've dropped in I felt awful when you left your last post You are back which is great news Oooouch you poor thing - well your op was major surgery - everything crossed that you make a speedy recovery and receive better pain management. ((hugs))). Drop in again soon.

June - The weather is lovely and I've just seen the forecast for the weekend and it is looking pretty good
What a pain having another soft tyre Enjoy your day of wealth.

Lynn - So pleased that it all went OK and you are home ...... never to do it again. Bless Dillon for being such a good boy. Have a relaxing evening ... I'm sure you both need it. ((hugs))

I'm late doing my second walk with the dogs but will drop in later.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Evening all, and massive cuddles for Nippy because you must be so worried about your son. Let's hope that they get that MRI done sooner rather than later and sort him out properly.

Good to see you back and more or less in one piece Gemini.....it sounds as if it will be a while before you are fully mobile again, so good luck with the recovery.

H, thank goodness your bone cruncher didn't kill you this time Now just remember to be good and not undo all his good work by racing around or lifting anything heavy etc. etc. Fingers crossed here for a good weekend with that man of yours.

Had the grandsproglet all day, and I am absolutely jiggered An energetic six year old in full flow makes you realise just why we are programmed to have children at a young age Husband was immensely useful....NOT

BGT and then Corrie shortly so just have time to sort out the kitchen. Will be back later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Evening Sally glad you survived Grandsproglet today.
Feet up and a nice relaxing drink I reckon. Just like I will be doing when Gorden arrives home with the wine.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh heck Lynn, are you STILL waiting for that wine I have had a very large one already I do hope that you are feeling a little better now that your mum is safely ensconced in that home.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Hi Sally,
After your exhausting day with your grandsproglet .... although I'm sure it was fun .... have a lovely restful evening, a few glasses of something 'relaxing' and watch your programmes.

I've just had a lovely walk with the dogs up on to the top fields as my OH has very kindly been up there with his sit on mower and cut pathways through the very very long grass for us dogwalkers

I'll try and get on later but I haven't cooked a meal yet and promised my son I'd iron some shirts for him to take away this weekend ..... a stag do up in Edinburgh

If I don't enjoy your evening, I hope Loki and Pereg have a calm night and all poorly people and dogs are on the mend.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I am definitely relaxing Jenny

What a thoughtful chap your OH is, although give a man a ride on and he will happily stay on it all day mowing anything in sight! Mine used to trundle around with a gin and tonic in one hand and a serious look on his face.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Wine in glasses fish and chips eaten stuffed now.
I am feeling a little sad and wondering if she is coping silly isn't it. I know she will be fine same as she was last year. The staff are lovely and will keep an eye on her. I often wonder how someone can be so horrible and say so many nasty things in the past but you can still feel empathy for them.

Your evening walk sounds lovely jenny if we had the energy we would take Dillon. That was very thoughtful of your OH.

Goodness knows how I would of managed without Gorden today doing all the heavy lifting and just being the generally nice person he is especially to mum and keeping me calm.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Well we are still waiting.............
They have allowed him home for the night but he has to be back in at 8-30am tomorrow in the hope that they can get him scanned then.
I keep telling myself that it can't be very serious or they would keep him in or that he would take priority over others
Just really, really hope I'm right.
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »