View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Im sick of it too everytime me and my OH are at the bustop or around his area we are stopped by these 2 guys on bikes who ride around trying to recruit people to the church and try and force it all at you but we just say nicely and they usually go away i dont think they should come knocking on doors and posting all the stuff its way too much
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 09:02 PM
If the JW knock on my door I smile and say I am glad you came - I want to tell you about what I believe. I then go on and on about any sort of extremist religious junk and don't let them get a word in edgeways. Its amazing how they get uneasy and make their excuses to leave. I also let the dogs jump all over them, which speeds things up a bit.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by aerolor View Post
If the JW knock on my door I smile and say I am glad you came - I want to tell you about what I believe. I then go on and on about any sort of extremist religious junk and don't let them get a word in edgeways. Its amazing how they get uneasy and make their excuses to leave. I also let the dogs jump all over them, which speeds things up a bit.
thats what my dad used to do!!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 08:42 AM
If my husband answers the door to Jehovah's Witnesses, he just says "no thank you, I'm a haemophiliac" . They probably think he's gay!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I got 'spotted' in town at the weekend by some religion or another (didn't even bother to find out what it was).

I told them I was a Satanist.... funny, they didn't wan't to talk to me after that.....
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Haha!! I love it!! Will have to try that one next time!!
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I'm half tempted to go out and 'campaign' against religion. You would likely get arrested if you did that!
no you wouldnt. feel free if that what you want to do.

As has been said they cant force you into any religion, but it is part of theres to let others know about it.

You can choose to listen, read, chat or not. Its up to you.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:42 PM
22 million £ for that backward thinking prat to come here and spout his detritus with full immunity. Thats bloody brilliant that is, I'm so thrilled, words can hardly describe it.

According to him, condoms increase the spread of hiv...work that one out people.

I'm watching a documentary on channel 4 right now, and the more I hear, the more I can't stand him. Thankfully not all catholics buy into his crap.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Tazer I'm watching the same thing, I think the pope needs a slap to wake him up at least! I really don't want him here now, its not the money problem, its the human suffering that has come around because of his thoughts. The begining made me sick about the children, the rest has made me sad and angry.

Also if people are meant to have as many kids as possible how many siblings did Jesus have?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 07:58 PM
I can't even bear to watch the programme, although I have recorded it so I may do eventually.
Page 4 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »