Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2024, 06:30 AM

Friday 3rd May 2024

Morning all. I am very confused, doesn't take much when looking for a place called Thorney. My friend Margaret who is going there for her holiday looked it up on the website that they booked on and it says Lincs. But when I look it up various places appear eg: 8 miles east of Tuxford and 14 miles north by east of Newark which is Nottinghamshire. So, it is a good job that her hubby is driving or they could end up anywhere. lol!! That is why I always take the train. Mind you I do have a plaque with this on: Just a wizard girl living in a muggle world took the Hogwarts Express going anywhere. That was given to me by my good friend Norma. I miss her very much. Anyway have a good day everyone and don't get in a muggle like I do sometimes but not very often.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2024, 09:31 AM
Good morning Brenda have a good day.

You and your mum have been too good to Steve now see is he can manage on his own for a while.

Overcast and windy here but one lot of bedding dry and now the other three are out. Half the hoovering done now waiting for Barry to get out of bed so I can do our room. He calls me a sleepy head he never gets up much before 11.00am unless he has an appointment somewhere

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2024, 10:53 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Overcast here and Gorden picks Pam up later the girls will be ecstatic to see her.
A really bad night with Dessa last night. We sorted out to go to bed by 10 all settled then Dessa starts pacing, she didn't settle till 4.20 am.
She had left her paw alone all day, then started irritating around it so the cone had to go on.
I have checked it and cannot see anything going on, I have been spraying it with colloidal silver, I think its pain related.
I was on the sofa so she could settle in the living room that worked for a while, then she was in the kitchen then in our room, then drinking and immediately weeing in the garden.
Sometimes she would stand panting.
I have written it down for Pam who went through this a few weeks ago and the vet came and gave her ketamin which took 24 hours to kick in.
Not sure what she needs but this morning bright eyed and ready for breakfast.
She has had a spasm in the leg with the nasty wound and kicking quite hard with it, gave her a bowl of water and didn't expect her to get up and it seems to have stopped for now.

Last night you would watch and listen to her and think maybe I need to be making that decision we all dread, this morning you would be rethinking it.

We have booked a table for a meal tonight but we will check with Pam if she still wants to go, if not it will be take away.
We are shattered more so me as I get out of bed and do the care during the day too.
Joel dislocated his shoulder last night playing football. Mark thinks badly he went to pick him up and he had morphine no work for 8 to 12 weeks.
No rent for Mark and Lauren we will be helping them out I think.

Hope Barry is out of bed now Sue.
Chris great news about the carers long may it continue.
griff it sounds like Steve needs to sort himself out a bit and stop relying on you and your mum.
brenda Thorney is in Peterborough but of course there could be one in Lincs or Notts I doubt Lincs though. Peterborough and Lincs kind of cross over.
It is not far from where we live in March if it is the one.
Kazz I hope your day goes well.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-05-2024, 01:38 PM
it is not so much of a bed more like a "safe" zone where I don't get nagged at or told off for no reason
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2024, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
it is not so much of a bed more like a "safe" zone where I don't get nagged at or told off for no reason
Except for staying in bed until dinner time

Yukky morning here. Went down to the village in the car, but just taking Ted across to the green to toilet and both he and I were soaked. We did think we might get out this afternoon, but still raining on and off and so very dark out there

I agree with the others Kelly, it will be interesting to see how Steve copes without the enormous help you and mum give him and that he is so unappreciated of
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2024, 02:06 PM
It has a post code:
Thorney, Newark, Notts, NG23 7D
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-05-2024, 02:15 PM
Doesn't sound like the Thorney and Thorney toll Peterbrough then brenda.
Just had a quick google Margaret is going near to Sherwood Forest in Notts.
Who knew there are 2 Thorneys.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-05-2024, 07:35 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Had a good day off been to the park and helped dig up the polyanthus and other winter I suppose you would call it bedding. Bit of shoping petrol and home. Had a call from Tina a friend of mine started at 16.24 ended at 17.55 soa nice chat just popped on here and then bed.

Griff If he did expect you to say I will cover your wages then shame on him I wonder how he will cope without the support of you and your Mom. But it may be better than you think he may be reliant because he can be.

Chris, Good news on the carers and long may it continue I suspect its a combination of people for Gary as well making it more interesing. Hopefully the floater is getting less did they not say there could be one? or am I wrong.

Brenda Well as long as Margaret ends up somehwere then when the postcard arrives you will know where. LOL

Sue Hope you finished what you needed to no school run today?

Lynn Hope you a manage to get out for your meal. Glad everything has settled the not so happy side of oldies.

Have a good evening all