Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 10:41 AM

**Halloween**

ok everyone so who out of all of you celebrate halloween????

having lived in america and seeing how HUGE halloween is over there, i must admit we do a little decorating and make halloween goody bags for the trick r treaters , so whats everyone else planning????

Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 10:44 AM
we dont do anything for halloween in the house, we take the kids dressed up to the school disco thats all
TamT
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately it is not really celebrated in South Africa. It is not safe for kids to go trick or treating, unless they live in a complex, so not much done. The shops will have the deco etc, and maybe if its over the weekend, ppl will have halloween parties, but if its during the week, it almost goes unnoticed.

SAD
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I put some decs up at the front of the house and buy sweets for the children who dress up and knock.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 10:51 AM
I won't be celebrating this year unfortunatly. Now the kids aren't here, there's not much of a point

Where I live is miles away from anyone, and what neighbours are here don't have any young kids. Pity really, this house would be great to do up for Halloween.

At my other house I used to decorate inside and out. I'd spend hours carving out pumpkins too. I'd spend a fortune on sweets for all the kids, and they knew it too, they'd make my house the first port of call When we all got back, we'd have a good game of apple bobbing
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Wolfie
I won't be celebrating this year unfortunatly. Now the kids aren't here, there's not much of a point

Where I live is miles away from anyone, and what neighbours are here don't have any young kids. Pity really, this house would be great to do up for Halloween.

At my other house I used to decorate inside and out. I'd spend hours carving out pumpkins too. I'd spend a fortune on sweets for all the kids, and they knew it too, they'd make my house the first port of call When we all got back, we'd have a good game of apple bobbing
thats a shame woolfie,, sound like halloween at your house is great fun
you can come here and decorate our house if you like, we have lots of kids come to our door

i love seeing their little faces when you give them their goodies
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by nemosmummy
you can come here and decorate our house if you like, we have lots of kids come to our door

i love seeing their little faces when you give them their goodies
I'd love to. Decorating the house is just as much fun as seeing all the kids dress up
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 11:17 AM
ooh i love halloween we have a big party here cos my niece has her birthday on that day so its extra special we all dress up do tricks with apples eat plenty of sweets well i do why should the kids have them all
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:45 PM
We normally enjoy halloween.The kids get dressed up & go trick or treating,dont decorate the house though
Not looking forward to it this year though...its the 1st anniversary of my grandads death
sarah
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2005, 01:57 PM
My 11 yr old is going to a Disco, was going to do him a party but he prefers the disco lol he is too old for trick or treating now
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >