Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2012, 12:29 PM

Dillons 2nd vet visit.

No loud crying or wailing today in the car just some moaning and drooling. Loved all the fuss and weighs in at 12Kg Just over 24lb 26.45 to be precise about on target for a pup of his age (10 weeks). No flinching when temperature taken or the injection or the chip being done. Had his lunch eaten as usual with Dillon gusto.

Different vet today a male who isn't a fan of raw feeding and pointed out about protein and it being too much for developing pups and the worries of campobylacter and salmonella for ourselves as well as the dog. Goodness I can't look old enough to have run a house for 35 years and reared two strapping male sons to their early thirties and late twenties and fed Gorden and not killed anybody. Thats what I tell myself anyway.

I had noticed last week Dillon has a diamond eye silly thing is you can't see it all the time and the vet mentioned it today but the vet pointed out he is very young and it may well sort itself out. The other vet and myself did not notice this two weeks ago so hopefully not too much to worry about. We will watch and see what happens.

So all in all another good visit and had to do it by myself today filling out the form with a huge puppy and no glasses was some task I can tell you and I forgot the vaccination card. Never mind.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Awww bless his heart, sounds like he's loving all that fuss he gets at your vets, so long may it continue, but then again, you don't want him visiting the vets too often do you!!

Never heard of that diamond eye but good luck with it, hope it clears up or disappears.

I wish my own vet visits hadn't taken a turn for the worse with that heart scan, coz Zena was always a little star for them, opening her mouth when she got something stuck in it, rolling over to check her spey wound, oh it was all so good back in those days I do hope nothing interferes with Dillon's brilliant behaviour for them Lynn, but once that 2nd jab is over, hopefully, you won't be going again for another year! Bless his little heart, what a star he is, as well as being the cutest puppy bear around
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I have never heard of Diamond Eye either, so have no idea what it means to have this or not! But glad Dillon has had another positive experience at the vets, and wow what a size!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks both. I hope nothing spoils his positive experiences either can't deal with another Ollie. Although if push came to shove you deal with it don't you.

The diamond eye is when it can turn to inward turning of the eye lid or sometimes outward. ( That is called something else ent). Common in large breeds.