Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 06:58 AM

A bit nervous for Zeke's appointment

It was a year ago that Zeke was diagnosed with cancer (lymphoma), he finished his chemo treatment just before Christmas and was successfully in remission. Then in January we went for his monthly check up at the hospital, they felt his glands, took a blood sample and he was still in remission! And again in February at his check up .

At the last appointment in February Zeke got really nervous and shaky in the waiting room and at one point tried to leg it out of the doors, whimpering and crying Not like him at all. When he was in the consultation room he weed himself, shaking even more not like him, so we decided we would stop the monthly check ups and take him back every 3 months instead, and not to the big scary hospital, but to our regular vet instead who he loves.

I'm so nervous I'm not going in but will wait in the waiting room, I can't bear it, my hubby will take him in. It's tomorrow night at 6.

He's been a little slow recently, but still happy and eating well, he looks good on the outside, I just hope he's good on the inside.

Fingers crossed he's still in remission and there's no sign of the cancer coming back yet. Please send lots of positive vibes for him!!

I was cleaning the windows yesterday and took a picture of him coming back from his wander with the hubby, bless him, he's always a few paces behind even though Paul goes as slow as he can with keisha, and he sits for a fuss from the 2 little girls around the corner too on the way back if they're out bless him! It's not a particularly good picture but it makes me smile.

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Good luck for Zeke. And you and Paul of course.

Can't say as I blame him getting worried when he has to go back. He has been so brave.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Good luck for Zeke. And you and Paul of course.

Can't say as I blame him getting worried when he has to go back. He has been so brave.
Thanks Lynn xxx I know, poor lad, he won't be going back to that scary horrible hospital ever again, can't imagine how it makes him feel, it fills me with dread and worry. Next time he needs treatment we can get his meds from the vets and he'll have palliative care from home xxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Poor boy It must have been such a horrible time for him (and you!) but thank goodness you all got the best result ever in the end. Sending your precious boy tons and tons of positive vibes for tomorrow. xxxxx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Good luck to your gorgeous Zeke. He's amazing. He's done so well. I hope he continues that way. Big hugs for Zeke. And you! xx
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Thinking of you and Zeke and hoping for a great result
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Hoping for a good result tomorrow.
Hugs to you all
xx
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Sending loads of positive vibes for your beautiful brave boy.
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Good luck for tomorrow xxx
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Thinking of you all xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >