View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Sorry but we'll never agree on this... IMO it's about the dog and nothing more... how it looks, how it compairs to standard and how it performs.... any comment or influence that the handlers attire or turnout has is simply snobbery IMO
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I asked because part of showing a dog correctly is about showing your dog to the best advantage...and this means you should compliment your dog.(as in appearence)It takes very little to put on a tidy pair of trousers and a clean ironed shirt IMO esp when representing your breed at the biggest dog show in the world.
Archer, we're not talking about turning up looking like a tramp...... not even I did that But the way some handlers dress, as if they're on their way to a cocktail party, is totally OTT in my opinion and far more offputting than comfortable attire as the Bloodhound lady was wearing.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Think you'd better steer clear of the show ring then(for Ian...sorry forgot to add the quote)
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Think you'd better steer clear of the show ring then
Think I'll make that decition thanks That owner didn't and seemed to do just fine
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Its not about the judge taking notice of the handler....its about being respectful and representing your breed.We don't over dress but we do make an effort to be tidy
About being respectful??? I am sorry, but it is a DOG show - the dogs in the line up all looked wonderful representations of their breed (wish the same could be said for the border collie ) - and I reckon THAT is what should matter.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
Archer, we're not talking about turning up looking like a tramp...... not even I did that But the way some handlers dress, as if they're on their way to a cocktail party, is totally OTT in my opinion and far more offputting than comfortable attire as the Bloodhound lady was wearing.
I know what you mean....IMO too some are way too OTT but I do think the lady with the bloodhound had gone a bit the other way! Lets face it PINK trousers and a GREEN top....and what happened to her iron I wonder
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post

Totally agree Pod. The bloodhound lady looked smart but comfortable IMO. The lady showing the Malamute looked as though she was off out to a dinner party I found that a little more strange than comfortable shirt and slacks.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:50 PM
Think you'd better steer clear of the show ring then(for Ian...sorry forgot to add the quote)
Hey no! That may be the case in some circles Archer, but there are many judges and exhibitors who genuinely regard the dogs as the only important part of showing.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 05:10 PM
well i thought fabulous willy was a clear star!!! i dont know that much about showing but he really stood out....
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
well i thought fabulous willy was a clear star!!! i dont know that much about showing but he really stood out....
Me too...a little superstar!! And didn't he know it
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7