View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 10:31 AM

Natural Instinct - anyone tried it on their dogs?

http://www.naturalinstinct.com/

I vaguely remember a thread about it a while back, but can't seem to find it.

I got a pack of the mixture kind from a friend yesterday to try with my two, they haven't had it before.

Anyone used it? If so, what did you think?

Thanks.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Its very good, they are trying to source smaller 500g pouches, I was talking to them at Birmingham last week. the 1kg pouch is too big for small dogs.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Its very good, they are trying to source smaller 500g pouches, I was talking to them at Birmingham last week. the 1kg pouch is too big for small dogs.
Thanks, Dawn. That's good to know. I must admit, it looks very good in the pack! If they enjoy and benefit from it, I'd be happy to keep feeding them it.

Yes, the 1kg pack is far too big for small dogs and won't last in the fridge. Trying to separate it was a nightmare!

Also, I hope they will soon be able to let you order a smaller amount of the 500g packs, as I don't have the freezer space for loads of it.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Dawn I think it looks an excellent food but I understand because of delivery costs they deliver a months supply in one go so you have to have a certain amount of freezer space.

Darling's is a similar food..
http://www.darlingsrealdogfood.com/

I have been talking to Darlings and from what I gather the order is made up specially for your requirements in 500g bags (again a months supply or more if you have the room to save on delivery costs ) which arrives fresh and ready for freezing so you can split it up yourself if you need to.....
This was one email
We produce the food in 500g packs and send them out to you freshly made for you to freeze on the day of delivery. For your Mini Schnauzer he/she would need to eat around 300g per day so that would equate to 8.5kg of meat. because it's sent to you fresh it's easier to pack tightly into a small freezer space (plus you know that it hasn't been hanging around for months on end either!!). My friend has an upright fridge freezer and gets about 14kg into one drawer.
I am still eating my way through pounds of frozen damsons but hope to buy from Darlings when I have the room in the freezer . For now I have been buying human grade fresh meat enough for a couple of weeks (like lamb mince on special offer and adding other things ) and feeding a small amout of Fish4dogs for the second meal and I have to say Chloe has never looked better.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Dawn I think it looks an excellent food but I understand because of delivery costs they deliver a months supply in one go so you have to have a certain amount of freezer space.

I have been talking to Darlings and from what I gather the order is made up specially for your requirements in 500g bags which arrives fresh and ready for freezing so you can split it up yourself if you need to.....
This was one email

I am still eating my way through pounds of frozen damsons but hope to buy from Darlings when I have the room in the freezer . For now I have been buying human grade fresh meat enough for a couple of weeks (like lamb mince on special offer and adding other things ) and feeding a small amout of Fish4dogs for the second meal and I have to say Chloe has never looked better.
Thanks Mini, Id not heard of that company, Im off to look.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post

I have been talking to Darlings and from what I gather the order is made up specially for your requirements in 500g bags which arrives fresh and ready for freezing so you can split it up yourself if you need to.....
This was one email

Thanks for the info, Min. Will have a look.
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Sorry, but I don't need to be told about different types of complete food, thanks very much! Please start a new thread or join one already existance on this the subject.

This isn't a thread about complete versus raw. I posted this thread asking if anyone had tried Natural Instinct food!

Thanks!
Hi westie _ n

I personally don't feed natural instinct but I have a friend who does and funnily enough we were talking about it today. He used to feed a raw diet made at home but switched to natural instinct in November and is really pleased with it,he is one of the top agility handlers in the country and his dogs fitness is paramount and I have to say his dogs look great on it. I still feed home produced raw but I did get some leaflets from him to put in the puppy packs at our obedience class. If you have any questions I'm more than happy to pass them on to him and see what he says. Hope that's of some use