View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-03-2012, 10:46 PM

Flint - Mastiff x with Hope Rescue (Llanbradach)

Flint is a 12 month old mastiff cross and is currently on foster in Llanbradach South Wales.

The Flint Fact File
Dog status: Very good
Cat status: Unknown
Child status: Very good, could be rehomed with children aged 5 plus
House training: Very good
Home alone: Not suitable for full time workers, would like a home where someone is around for the best part of the day
Basic training: Good recall, sit and stay.
Special skill: Chasing the water from the garden hose!

Flint is the biggest lap dog in the world. He is such a sweet guy, adores people and has been very good out and about at fundraising and awareness events for Hope. He is good with people of all ages and likes children. He can be rehomed with children aged 5 years plus who are used to bigger dogs (he can be a bit clumsy and even a thump of his tail could knock smaller children down).

Flint will be looking for a new home who have experience around larger dogs and can work on his lead training as he is a strong lad and does pull on the lead. He is however a fast learner and already has some basic training. he will just need some further tweaking using kind, positive methods only. He can be let off lead once he gets to know his new owners and has good recall.

Flint is a very social dog and likes to have company. He is never left for long by his foster home and he is not a huge fan of being without his humans. He would like a new home where someone is around for most of the day.

Flint is very good with other dogs and can be rehomed with canine companions or as the only dog. He is currently living in a big pack and gets on very well with all the dogs. He is good with dogs he meets out on walks and is very playful. We do not know how he would be around cats or small animals.

Flint will need a secure garden in his new home.

All Hope Rescue dogs are neutered, vaccinated, wormed, flea treated and microchipped prior to rehoming. A homecheck will be required, and you will need to come and meet the dog with your own dogs and family. Hope Rescue rehomes throughout the UK.
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Flint has been attending the Meet and Greets. What a sensational looking dog radiating confidence and self assurance. He is a very friendly boy but is not slow in coming forward. However he took no offence when pushed away from taking all the treats. He is so friendly, loves cuddles, tries sitting on your lap which is a struggle due to his size!!! The kids that met him loved him and he was great with them. Not one sign of nervousness or aggression at all - which I think shocked so many shoppers!!!! An ambassador of the breed.
Hope Rescue
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-04-2012, 11:53 AM
HotfishOne
New Member!
Female 

18-05-2014, 04:18 AM
Aaaw im in love..when can I take him home? How do I go about applying to adopt him? I can give him the ♥ & care he needs
Azz
Administrator
Male 

18-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by HotfishOne View Post
Aaaw im in love..when can I take him home? How do I go about applying to adopt him? I can give him the ♥ & care he needs
This is an old thread Natalie - I expect (I hope!) Flint has found a new home by now
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Wouldn't it be awful if two years on he was still in rescue, rescues really should update their threads when a dog has been successfully rehomed.
HotfishOne
New Member!
Female 

18-05-2014, 11:40 PM
I realise now hope he's living a happy content loving life Im Currently looking for a mastiff for my dad as hes just lost one that he rescued only a year ago. Sudden seizures possible tumour...My dad needs a new buddy so if anyone has any recommendations it would be much appreciated thankyou