View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-10-2010, 09:28 AM
I've got a car too ( a Rav4) which has a tailgate guard fitted & a Halfords Dog guard.
I stop it fall down by holding it to the rear seat head rests with cable ties. It's solid & doesn't even rattle.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
Brilliant!! Can i ask where you got your guard for the back of the front seats? We have a guard but its useless to say the least, no matter how i put it in it falls down halfway through the journey
There are a few on the market now that will attatch to the headrests in the car, just Google "headrest dog guard" or something similar and you should get a few results.

Mine is a Mont Blanc Headrest Dog Guard. It cost me about £40 and I have to say it works perfectly. No more worries about the dogs trying to get through into the front or being thrown through the windscreen. Plus it means I can still carry passengers in the back as it only takes me 2 minutes to fold the seats back down. The only major drawback is the lack of luggage space on long journeys. With out the back seats you loose luggage space, but I'm eventually going to get a roof box which will solve that problem!
tash1231
New Member!
Female 

02-11-2010, 11:02 AM
that looks gd but they drive vans during the day for work preettey sure they wont wont 1 for everning an weekend lol also they had a volvo but had bad experiance with it so have decided against one of those iv said get a range rover or somgthig of that build but they against it so im goona leave them too it
maxbeaujill
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by Muddiwarx View Post
I LOVE my van - I have a Transit - but if I had smaller or less dogs I'd have a Transit connect.

Plenty available - cheap to fix and reliable!!!

Hi there could I ask where/who you got the crates from/fitted this is exactly what I am looking for, we've just bought a vauxhall vivaro and need crates fitting -many thanks Jill
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by maxbeaujill View Post
Hi there could I ask where/who you got the crates from/fitted this is exactly what I am looking for, we've just bought a vauxhall vivaro and need crates fitting -many thanks Jill
I have the Nissan version of the Vivaro and got my crates built and fitted by Steve Tubb in Daventry (Doggycages). He also plylined the van, fitted carpet/rubber matting and cut a hole in the bulkhead to allow for air to flow and so I could see the dogs. He also fitted two fleckners and a drop down 'table' at the back for the top dogs to jump down onto. I've been really pleased with the result and this was done five years ago.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
We have a ford focus estate which suits us really well. It seats both dogs in the back seat with car harnesses, or would fit probably 4 in the boot [the boot is huge!]

Weve got the deisel and it does about 45-50mpg so great on fuel!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm a bit late and probably not much use...but we have a renault scenic (his dad's old car) we can fit 5 people's weekend suitcases(the small ones), 2 bags of food, quilts and pillows, 4 passengers and the driver and 3 dogs in it...It isn't comfy and I wouldnt exactly suggest it (it was a spur of the moment thing)

Our dogs always have the back seat. We'll be getting a Jeep Cheroke soon - so they'll be in the boot although they arent that big - fits three dogs in. without crates though, although I do think we'll be having a van sooner or later - definately not having a people carrier again
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I have the Nissan version of the Vivaro and got my crates built and fitted by Steve Tubb in Daventry (Doggycages). He also plylined the van, fitted carpet/rubber matting and cut a hole in the bulkhead to allow for air to flow and so I could see the dogs. He also fitted two fleckners and a drop down 'table' at the back for the top dogs to jump down onto. I've been really pleased with the result and this was done five years ago.
Yep - he did mine as well
maxbeaujill
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Thanks, do you have a website address or contact number -I will have a search but if you get two minutes would appreciate any information you can provide. Cheers!
*SJ*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2010, 10:16 AM
Haven't read through all the posts so if this has been suggested already please ignore.

Have you thought about a VW Sharan or Ford Galaxy (basically the same vehicles) For two greyhounds it would be perfect. You can get them with parking sensors so that negates the parking problem.

All you would need do is remove the two rear seats (they are 7 seaters) have a tailguard and divider fitted and away you go.

I have the VW Sharan and have 3 greyhounds travel in the back but mine aren't separated.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >