Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
finnigan31
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-01-2005, 09:34 PM

Oscar 12mths Boxer

Oscar needs to be rehomed again after showing he is food aggressive, he has`nt shown any aggression in the home but at training class he became quite aggressive over the treats that were laid out, the people who rehomed Oscar have a young child & Oscar can`t stay there the risk is too high,

Oscar is 12mths, red brindle , he was kept in a cage before coming to us,

Oscar needs an experienced boxer owner who can offer Oscar the understanding/training/love he needs,

Oscar would need to be an only pet and no children.

If you can offer Oscar all this please contact me asap

yvonne
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 08:14 AM
oscar was collected last night and as moved to a new mum and dad turned out the aggression that he had shown was that he lunged at training classes towards someone with a treat in their hand so the TRAINER made him sit in the centre and made everyone walk around him "stupid man " poor thing must have been stared stiff the trainer advised the woman to keep him away from her 7 yr old until she had better control but she was so scared that he would lunge in the house and take something out of her hand she felt it best if he went. his new mum and dad and rest of family think that he is a stunner and know what he had done "a normal boxer thing really " so fingers crossed he,s there for life
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

29-01-2005, 09:51 AM
how are these people allowed to be dog trainers I hope all goes well in his new home.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2005, 10:56 AM
poor Oscar A lot of trainers dont understand boxers

Good luck Oscar in your new home.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Good luck to Oscar in his new home.Many untrained young dogs will lunge at food...esp if they've beed deprived but it is an easily sorted problem! How stupid is that trainer!
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 01:08 PM
I think a lot of trainers use such old fashoined methods but there again I am not a trainer I am a behaviourist and unfortunatly the two never agree we are like oil and water with me being a canine behaviourist and psycologist its always in my mind to think how the dog thinks I know TRAINERS that will stand on a dogs ear to make it lie down and they think this is right they seem to think if they can put fear into the dog it will do what it is told I DONT THINK SO
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-01-2005, 01:12 PM
boxers dont do well with harsh training its not needed.
i hope he gets a understanding home with people that will give him the time to learn he doesn't need to be this way with food.
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Good Luck Oscar - hope your now with people who understand you XXX
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-01-2005, 03:52 PM
OMG, when I rescued Max he was the same, he would lunge at treats and try snapping them out of your hand.

With a little training he soon learnt that he wouldnt get anything unless he sat and waited for me to offer it to him and then he took it nicely.

I mean honestly its basic training as far as Im concerned. Its one of the first things my dogs as puppies learn.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >