Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 06:41 AM

Dogs and Rain

It's just started raining very heavily here. Sometimes I forget that there are things our dogs haven't seen yet, heavy heavy rain being one of them.
They're staring at the window (which is open) and sniffing the water.

I remember the first time we took them on a walk in the rain and Max just sat down and refused to go anywhere. We'd only got to the end of the drive. We have been out in rain since but only light showers.

My last dog Suzi hated rain. I got her a waterproff coat with a hood in the end! She would tolerate it with the coat on but without it she would pin her ears right back and walk really slowly until we got near home again when she would run!

How are your dogs with rain?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:23 AM
My Keisha LOVES it (Zeke doesn't, he'd rather stay at home).

Just this morning I took her for a longer walk than usual, and typical - halfway round it started hoying it down really badly, do we go back or carry on?! Well she knew what was coming next...she LEPT into the air with excitement and we legged it all the way home (about 2 miles!) She was smiling and jumping around all the way!

I couldn't resist taking her pic when we got in, she was soaked! Here she is 'hung up' to dry on our bannister, lol, not lierally! She actually doesn't look half as wet as she really was!
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:29 AM
My 2 long coated dogs don't mind the rain (well Becka the collie doesn't mind going for a walk in the rain but not so keen going out for a pee in the rain) but Cooper my Dalmatian isn't a fan of the rain so I have bought him a coat so he can still enjoy his walks (and I don't want him to shiver off any weight I have put on him.)
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:31 AM
Keisha looks like a very happy girl!

My collies won't go in the garden in the rain they just stand at the door and sniff the air.

Have you had trouble with Cooper's weight?
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Aaawwww..look at that face! I lveo Akitas!

Zane never liked the rain and I used to have to try really hard to coax him out. Now he's not so bad unless it's like monsoon season and then he plants his feet on the floor and refuses to go anywhere. I don't see the point of forcing him if he hates it that much.
But now, usually he's not too bad. He also has a waterproof coat for the lighter showers as he still ins't keen but at least he will go ut in it now.

The others couldn't care less one way or the other. They all seem to take great pleasure in waiting until they're stood in the living room before shaking off all the excess water. I'm sure they know they should do it in the kitchen, if anywhere in the house at all. Typical mischievous GSDs!

Laura xx