View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Evening all - The Mem arived back about 30 mins ago - has had an excellent time with her mother, thank you Moyra. Seems she has got all the necessary things done and her Ma is well suited with everything. Which to her is the most important thing, for being a realist she realises there won't be that many Christmases left together. MIL being well into her eighties and still working 7 days a week. So saying she could well see me out! LOL !
I have suggested turning my spot into a Home for Distressed Gentlepersons and their Dingoes. As they say in the Bible "Some fell on stoney ground!" for the Mem said she had quite enough on her plate looking after one "daft old sod" without filling the place to it's vaulted ceilings with the more peculiar persons to whom I chat away into the small hours on my computermybob!
I must admit that it has a particular appeal - a bit like the loonies running the asylum!!! Certainly something to think about for the future! lol !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Pleased the mem arrived home safe and that her mum is happy...do you know, I think that the mem is right...there are a few odd uns on here..lacey tw oh me! Lol
Just spoke to Steve, he is so fed up he doesn't even know what day of the week it is, he has had 2pieces of toast today and some scampi....that's it!! I need to win the lottery or get him a Job that makes him happy
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-10-2016, 09:03 PM
How very dare you, I'm the only one here with a full set, rest of you need help to tie your shoelaces
Wonder if The Mem would like to Assist Others with their shopping, I mean it would be extra income now you're probably down to your last billion or so and struggling the way you are.
Managed to unscrew all the bluddy lights, put bulbs in, and screw everything back again. Put another bulb in the one I dropped and got them all working. So they'll go up tomorrow at some point as it is getting dark earlier than ever now.
Forecast is for freezing next week I believe, so the heat lamps may well be going up soon as well, which is earlier than usual.
Griff, please look after yourself first, Steve's a grown man and he is the one that should look after you.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Lol...i wouldn't know what on earth i had been doing to get joggers Nipple Lol certainly not jogging
We catch the last half of the chase on plus one at 6.30...well i say we, the last few days i have been busy either walking dogs or at the vets and lord knows what i was doing yesterday but i am sure it was no flippin good Lol seriusly though, that is bad...i genuinely can't remember what i did last night!!!
Neither do I go jogging ... at my age!! I won't go into intimate details - just thought I'd ask!!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Oooerrr no Gnasher don't explain lol
TW, I don't need help tying my shoelaces.....I am of the era where we never tied them lol much to the annoyance of my physiotherapists and consultants...don't even tie my walking boots up!!
Lol Steve look after me...not flipping likely, he is a 46 year old toddler lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Evening all,
I've been on phone to my mum and I'm so angry for her my step dads so called brother & sister have emailed mum & properly laid into her, saying they think it's disgusting that they moved to Corralejo with Ray being ill, ( he wasn't that poorly when they went nearly 2 years ago) they wouldn't be helping mum with the funeral because of it the reason is more likely cos there is no financial gain, but the reason I'm so angry is, that after he died they told mum not to worry about anything as they would sort it - that was nearly a month ago , I dare not get in touch with them
Mum is ok though now, how nasty is that though? They've done it before to Ray though, years ago. They believe money is more important than happiness. I could tell lots of stories but I won't. I believe in karma
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
How very dare you, I'm the only one here with a full set, rest of you need help to tie your shoelaces
Made me laugh and also reminded me of Jane a lovely person who was Majuka on here. Her signature was a quote from (I think) Freud:-
"If everyone around you seems to be crazy maybe they are the normal and it's you*"

She had Max a lovely dog who sadly died some years ago and I don't think she will post on here again.

* Probably got that quote wrong but of course that's 'normal' for me
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Mandy, your poor Mum, Ray was an adult right?? Ray had all of his marbles and was able to make decisions right?? So HE decided he wanted to move with your mum! Not being funny either but he could have had the same happen here. You have probably hit the nail on the head by saying there is no money to be had. Me, I would be round there like a shot showing them up in front of the neighbours..but....I am riff raff and don't think before I act lol, you are doing the absolute right thing being dignified for your mum and Ray. Send your mum my best
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2016, 09:34 PM
Hiya Harvey, excellent quote
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
saying they think it's disgusting that they moved to Corralejo with Ray being ill, ( he wasn't that poorly when they went nearly 2 years ago) they wouldn't be helping mum with the funeral because of it
Oh Mandy that's just awful, what business is it if their brother and your Mum wanted to move out there In fact the climate may well have helped your step Dad. Like you say they are now using this as a way to get out of helping with the funeral.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >