register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Would you return your dog to the rescue it came from?
Yes, definately 10 27.78%
No way 10 27.78%
I would keep the dog but ask the rescue to help me home it 11 30.56%
Undecided 5 13.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Would your dog go back to its rescue?

Inspired by the breeder thread! Thought this would be interesting because I've heard of several rehoming situations where people have felt uncomfortable returning dogs to the rescue they adopted it from. Would you return your dog to its rescue if you could no longer keep it? Please no naming & shaming of "bad" rescues, just give your opinions on whether you'd return them or not & why. I've added a poll for those who just want to contribute anonymously
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:08 PM
I voted undecided.

This is because i've heard negative things about the shelter I got Jessie from and many people do not agree with how they source their dogs. I've seen a couple of minor things I didnt like the look of (a dog with very long nails, people wanting to return their dog because it was ill and they felt they'd been conned - a huge argument broke out!) but i've never had a problem with Jessie herself and I know she cares about the dogs she rescues.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I voted yes definitely. I obviously hope it would never happen, but if it did I have full confidence in the rescue I got Axel from to care for him. Ideally I'd have him in my home until a new one could be found...but then ideally he wouldn't be going anywhere!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:42 PM
I voted undecided.
I have had to return one dog in the past and it is part of the contract that if there is a problem the dog is returned to them.
However now I think I would ask them to help me rehome. ie I would look after the dog until a home was found rather than putting her back in the kennels, if at all possible.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Lula would have to go back to her Rescue as I promised this would happen. She is still micro-chipped to them. They reason that she has needed rescuing once and she will never be without a home again, which shows what a special rescue they are.......not that they are ever getting her cause she is mine all mine
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 07:02 PM
I`ve been lucky in the Rescues I`ve dealt with. I trust them to do what is best for the dog.
But I can`t imagine it happening tbh.
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes i'd be happy to return my dog to the rescue (i did sign contract to do so) as i'm confident they'd find him another good home and like that they can offer the same backup to new owners which i may not be able to if i did it privately.
My dogs never spent any time in the rescues kennels as they came straight from their trainer, but they are nice and i'd happily use them for holiday boarding.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes, without a doubt, unless Cosmo's breeder was able to work with them and rehome the two toegether, God forbid we should ever be in the position where we needed it
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes definately
I signed a contract to say I would if the need ever arose , also Teddy is microchipped to them
I stay in touch too , sending pics and emails to Barbara letting her know how Teddy is getting on
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2011, 09:32 PM
If the unthinkable happened and I really had to part with them and I was still alive then I would ask the rescue to help me so they didn't have to go back into kennels.
If that was impossible or i was dead then yes they would go back to the greyhound rescue as I know they are well cared for.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >