Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MickB
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tye_Bo View Post
I suppose what's put me off primarily is hearing the huge amounts of exercise mals/huskies have to do to keep them happy and that they aren't social with other dogs.
Our huskies get most of their exercise chasing each other round the garden (unless we're working them in harness, which we tend not to do at all during the warmer months). The rest of the time they are crashed out! A well-bred Siberian should be extremely social with other dogs - they are one of the most gregarious breeds around.

Pita wrote: "Mick, that’s a strange looking Husky in the back corner of your very nice settee"

That's Missy, our Shiba guard dog!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by MickB View Post

Pita wrote: "Mick, that’s a strange looking Husky in the back corner of your very nice settee"

That's Missy, our Shiba guard dog!
And I bet Middy creates more noise and chaos than the rest put together.

Do wonder why anyone should be told that the Sibe is not sociable they must be one of the true pack orientated breeds left.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
We were told that Huskies are not sociable to other dogs once, i just laughed as Kiska is so sociable its embrassing (sp?). After a few licks she on her back wiggling round showing the world everything she has!

I would say though i have found my NI girl much more trainable then my Husky. Where as Kiska weights the pros and comms of doing what she was asked Ella will just do it because she wants to please you.

Every NI i have heard of or met has had an excellent temprement with people and dogs. If you want more info on NI's then i would advise you also join the Northern Inuit Soicety forum (pop it into google and it should be the first option). Thats what i did a couple of years ago and i got all the help and info i could have wanted. Also lots of pic and storys on there.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2