register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Should I let the dogs sleep upstairs?!!!
Of course... 33 76.74%
Are you mad....with Cosmo's muddy habits??? 10 23.26%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:31 PM
You see, I knew that would be interpreted as me saying your house stinks of dog but I never implied that. How could I? I dont know your cleaning regime and i've never seen your house.

You asked for opinions why you should and should not let your dogs upstairs and I did just that, there wasnt any intention to insult.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
You see, I knew that would be interpreted as me saying your house stinks of dog but I never implied that. How could I? I dont know your cleaning regime and i've never seen your house.

You asked for opinions why you should and should not let your dogs upstairs and I did just that, there wasnt any intention to insult.
I didn't say you did think my house stinks of dog...I was just saying that despite my dogs being allowed everywhere downstairs and sharing the sofa with me it doesn't smell as I work hard to ensure it doesn't smell. I don't like it when it does...and when it does I sneeze.
I didn't think you were setting out to insult.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post

I have left it open just now and they are still with me downstairs...see if it stays like that when I head loo wards..

There might be a thud on the door.

I think well all have different relationships with our pets and I'd hate to restrict access to mine now. But then I have wood throughout, we both smoke and I have tonnes of plants so it doesn't seem to smell of 'dog' here. Having a very short haired and clean dog helps too, I can understand carpets + long haired dogs might wiff a bit more. Or maybe I've just lost my sense of smell and can't smell my own 'dog'.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Petrina View Post

There might be a thud on the door.

I think well all have different relationships with our pets and I'd hate to restrict access to mine now. But then I have wood throughout, we both smoke and I have tonnes of plants so it doesn't seem to smell of 'dog' here. Having a very short haired and clean dog helps too, I can understand carpets + long haired dogs might wiff a bit more. Or maybe I've just lost my sense of smell and can't smell my own 'dog'.
We only have carpet on the stairs/landing, in my sons room and in one room downstairs...the rest is all flooring of one sort and another..
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
I have 2 sons living with me. The dog pong is the least of my problems.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I have 2 sons living with me. The dog pong is the least of my problems.
I share your pain...I have my oH and my son...
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmmm bit of a dilemma, although it sounds very much to me as though you would like the dogs upstairs

I live in a cottage on one level, so no stairs (hurray! I used to HATE hoovering them) and the dogs have free roam of the house. However, I do think that if I already had a no upstairs rule in place, then I wouldn't change it. As others have said, it means a lot more work hoovering, mopping, washing down walls, changing sheets (if they get on the bed etc) and if you only go up there to sleep, then I would leave the doglets downstairs.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I wouldn't do it, but my dogs moult something awful, and I can't bear the idea of all that hair over the carpets. We've got hard floors downstairs, and it's so easy to swish a mop around - I think I'd spend my whole life feeling like everything was covered in dog hair.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:48 PM
its up to you, but i think it would be nice for them to get free run of the house.

jake is allowed everywhere, except my parents bedroom. he isnt really allowed on my bed, but sometimes he guilts me into it lol i cant stand the hairs though, so generally he isnt allowed.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-10-2009, 06:56 PM
I voted upstairs

OH wasn't best pleased when I said I wanted Beau upstairs (and now Lula) but he works away sometimes and it makes me feel safer. The boys rooms and our bed is a no go area much to their disgust.
The only downside for me is waking up with the two faces watching me (you can feel their hot breaths ).........sometimes I am afraid to open my eyes cause I know the onslaught is coming
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >