Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Dave the Dog

I went to visit a greyhound welfare group that has just recently been set up which is fairly near to me - they have around 4/5 dogs for re-homing at the moment. I got to know the people that set it up via another forum.

Anyway i have come away being the foster mum of Dave a 6 year old ex racer. Hes finished racing two years ago and spent most of those two years shut away in a shed.

We took our dog Kym with us to introduce them and they got on ok. My OH is collecting him tomorrow. I feel a bit more comfortable fostering just to see how he gets on with us, but i am still a bit nervous as i have never had two dogs before. He is rather large and our house isn't the biggest but we'll see how we get on. He is very handsome and is a lovely blue colour.

I have mixed feelings at the moment and just hope they both get on together ok.

Wish me luck !:
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Here's hoping

Wishing you loads of luck and hope all goes well
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Aw best of luck.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
I went to visit a greyhound welfare group that has just recently been set up which is fairly near to me - they have around 4/5 dogs for re-homing at the moment. I got to know the people that set it up via another forum.

Anyway i have come away being the foster mum of Dave a 6 year old ex racer. Hes finished racing two years ago and spent most of those two years shut away in a shed.

We took our dog Kym with us to introduce them and they got on ok. My OH is collecting him tomorrow. I feel a bit more comfortable fostering just to see how he gets on with us, but i am still a bit nervous as i have never had two dogs before. He is rather large and our house isn't the biggest but we'll see how we get on. He is very handsome and is a lovely blue colour.

I have mixed feelings at the moment and just hope they both get on together ok.

Wish me luck !:
If you have mixed feelings and you feel the house may not be big enough, leave him where he is, better that than take him, and have to return him. Dont wish to sound harsh, but if you have second thoughts, its best not to go ahead.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2009, 07:37 PM
i have a one bedrom house with 3 shepherds and 2 cats, i do fine

dont worry about space, when it comes to prescence, greys are much smaller than jacks!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
If you have mixed feelings and you feel the house may not be big enough, leave him where he is, better that than take him, and have to return him. Dont wish to sound harsh, but if you have second thoughts, its best not to go ahead.
Not having second thoughts, just all new to me having two - thats the reason why i'm fostering rather than re-homing him at the moment
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 07:53 PM
How wonderful of you - hope it all goes well

x0x
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Many good vibes heading your way, i'm sure he will fit in just fine, when we added a male all went well, and i would not change anything for the world. In my opinion male greyhounds are much soppier than females. So hope Dave fits in with your family. xx
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Awww, I think it's great that you will be able to show this poor baby a family life, which he so needs, bless him

You'll do just fine. The dogs don't need lots of space inside, so long as Dave lets love and attention, I'm sure he'll be happy!

Best of luck. We are all here if you need any support when he comes home. You'll be fine You have all the Dogsey's right behind you
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Best of luck, that is wonderful of you xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >