View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2005, 11:39 PM

Bedroom to stop sickness? Is loneliness the cause of him vomiting at night?

OK - well we are worried about Dud and his meds - because he seems to be not doing too well - but i suppose they could take a couple of days to kick in. He's been sick thrice today

Anyway - we thought perhaps the cause of his nighttime sickness was misery because we lock him away (cruel us ) when we go to bed. So we were wondering if giving him a bed in the corner of our room where he could be with us would give him some security and stop him being so sick? Maybe he's making himself sick by pining then? Just a thought.

Any ideas?

xx
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2005, 02:05 AM
It could be the stress of settling in or of being alone, or it could be that the meds don't agree with him, or another reason entirely Always consult a vet if you are worried.

Re sleeping arrangements, he would probably feel happier if he was allowed a small corner of the bedroom, but would you be prepared to let him sleep there long-term? Dogs are creatures of habit and changes in routine can distress them, so if the bedroom would be just a temporary thing then it is probably best to let him get used to sleeping downstarirs. Have you given him an old, unwashed item of your clothing to sleep with so that he will not feel 'abandoned' at night?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 08:11 AM
It's worth a try Laura - the poor lad is out of sorts as it is, so being close to you may be a little more comforting - I'd definitely give it a try. Good luck and keep us all posted. Give Dud's a hug from me xx
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I agree with Shadowboxer. Once you start to do that, its difficult to stop and Dud might not understand why he's being moved again. Can you give him something with your smell on it like an old jumper? It's an old remedy I know but it might work. I couldn't let mine sleep in the room as they snore even louder than the OH
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Well I am happy with him sleeping there long term - I really don't mind. He stayed there last night as we thought we'd try it (it was before i'd read any of these replies) and he was fine. no sickness or anything! He seems a lot happier for it

I think we shall keep him in our room - as we've no reason not to - there's a lock n the rat room door which was my main worry - so he should be OK.

I am happy he's seeming much better of late. thank you all so much for your help.

xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Excellent news Laura
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-10-2005, 01:17 PM
Thats good Zounds remember Dudley is still very new to everything and needs a couple of weeks to adjust to his new life