Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:26 PM

Just back from another training night with Zena

..... and the trainer was so very impressed with Zena's entrance, her calm sit, her instant down (at only 14 weeks), that she called us off the stage when they started class and asked us to sit on the floor with the rest of the class , so we got an upgrade tonight Lol!!!!

Then everybody came round with bits of sausage and asked Zena to sit and take it and they were all impressed with her calmness and gentleness let alone her instant sit! OMG I'm over the blooming moon. Although we weren't allowed to actually join in yet, we stayed sat there, Zena stayed quiet and calm with me stroking her and telling her what a good girlie she is, and then when they were asked to do a down and roll over I just thought I'd try it coz I've never done roll over, and of course she wouldn't So one of the trainers came over with a bit of chicken, showed me exactly HOW to do the roll over, and guess wot???? Need I say more!!!! This girl will go far, she's so blooming smart it quite astounds me even for a shepherd! Go Zena, Go Zena!!!!

p.s. No aggravating Westie tonight either!!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Brilliant. Well done H and wondergirl Zena
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Great news Helena.
Glad the pesky westie wasn't there tonight!
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Really proud of both you and Zena hun The feeling is great when your dog shines, you must feel on top of the world
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Brilliant. Well done H and wondergirl Zena
Lol, yes Wondergirl Zena, she's a smart cookie this one Kirsty!

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Great news Helena.
Glad the pesky westie wasn't there tonight!
So was I Jen, and we sat at the back, all nice and quiet, and then this friend of mine arrived with her mad staffie puppy and all hell broke loose! Lol! I had to move coz it wouldn't have been good to let Zena play with that it was quite mad!

Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Really proud of both you and Zena hun The feeling is great when your dog shines, you must feel on top of the world
Oh I do, I do, top of the World now!!! I'm going to work on a lot more training this week at home coz it seems to be paying off for when I get to these classes, and we start proper of course on the 2nd March Thanks!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:51 PM
well done both of you!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Awwww...great news Aitch. Well done Zena, you're a starxxxxx
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Yey!!! go zena, i bet you are so proud of her! (& rightly so!!) She sounds amaZing!!! but then i knew should would be, cos i LOVE vanessas dogs!

Its a brill feeling when other people adore your dog!!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
well done both of you!
Thanks catrin, you of all people must know how I'm feeling with this result tonight!! Thanks, let's hope we can keep it up and progress! There's a guy with a 7 month old who Zena knocks spots off, it's totally out of control, it barks at everything, it leaps up at him and it never sits still!

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awwww...great news Aitch. Well done Zena, you're a starxxxxx
She certainly is Jackie, and so am I for being so constant and nagging with her! xxxxx

Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Yey!!! go zena, i bet you are so proud of her! (& rightly so!!) She sounds amaZing!!! but then i knew should would be, cos i LOVE vanessas dogs!

Its a brill feeling when other people adore your dog!!!!
I am more than proud of this one Mich, she's quite astounding, but then like the trainer said tonight, we're all too keen to tell our dogs off, but nobody remembers to tell them when they're being good, but you see, I do that all of the time, if they're being quiet they get cuddled and told how good they are, if they do as I ask they always get a cuddle and told how good they are, in fact, I probably tell my dogs how good they are a darn sight more than I've ever told them off and always have! I think it stems from being a horse owner, and constantly having to talk to your horse if he's behaving himself (especially when you had a norty horse like I did! Lol!) Vanessa told me yesterday all the others will be doing their shows by now, so I'm sort of lagging behind, but then, that's probably what's making me a bit more driven, just like Zena, she's got loads of drive!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2009, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54;1607403]Thanks catrin, you of all people must know how I'm feeling with this result tonight!! Thanks, let's hope we can keep it up and progress! There's a guy with a 7 month old who Zena knocks spots off, it's totally out of control, it barks at everything, it leaps up at him and it never sits still! /QUOTE]

good for you! It's always nice to see yours doing better than others!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >