View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Not a clue what that bush is but would go and have a word with your neighbour How nice are they and would they understand if you showed them the picture of the poor dog when the lumps were there. If they get stroppy I would just stick something on it to kill it (the bush I mean)
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-05-2006, 09:34 PM
Glad she is ok Anne

The bush looks like Ceanothus.
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Just pleased that she is OK now and would have a word with your neighbour as this could happen again to the poor little girl
Meg
Supervisor

23-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
Glad she is ok Anne

The bush looks like Ceanothus.
Yes it is ceanothus mine is in bloom at the moment.

Anne glad all is well. I never did find what caused Amy's problem that time in Wales...she hadn't been near anything ,we had only just got there. Because her reaction was so severe I always keep some Atarax in the house (or similar veterinary antihistamine obtained from the vet) in case it happens again.
Annestaff
Supervisor

23-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Its back with avengence and she hasn't been anywhere near the bush since yesterday Noticed about midnight last night and there's still signs of it this morning.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 09:02 AM
hi anne

she wouldnt have had a munch on the bush ?? bruno does like to taste plants and when he got his allergic reaction although he didnt have any lumps in his mouth his head was really bad - and the only thing I could explain it was the weeping willow in my mums garden as thats what he had tasted and rubbed himself in !!!

I would think that all would have to happen is for the bush to have dropped some petals etc and for her to roll in them or something for a reaction to occur. Also - possibility that she has been stung by a bee or a wasp that was pollinating on the bush - thats actually happened to me before and I had a horrendous reaction where my whole arm swelled to twice its size because of a sting that was infected by a bush I was allergic to !!!
Annestaff
Supervisor

23-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Reckon its going to be one of those things like Mini's Amy where you never get to the bottom of it

Back at the vets at 12 so I'll see what they have to say.
Annestaff
Supervisor

23-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Just back from the vet and by the time we got there not a lump in sight, typical She's now come out in them again

Vet was really at a loss what it could be but was sure it was proberbally a contact allergy. As she was clear of them at the vets she decided not to give her any treatment, but now I wish she would have Have to go back at 5 to pick up some medication if they come back.

Took these 5 mins ago.................

The speed which these lumps appear and disappear is unbelievable
Carole
Supervisor

23-05-2006, 11:51 AM
poor Cassy hope you can find out the cause of them.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2006, 11:53 AM
Hi Anne,
Just caught this,( where have I been?!) We had a pup who suddenly came up like this in December!!!!! It was mainly on his face and he looked awful..had to take him to the vet as they started in his mouth too, the vet said he'd probably eaten a bee!!!! (In December!!!!) and had a severe allergic reaction. They suggested piriton intially over the phone and in the end that's what they prescribed, they said it was okay to give a child' dose when it happens. Teh dog one and human one are the same apparently. We now keep a supply in just in case, but it may be worth checking with your vetWonder if that would be okay for her.

Wondering if there's something else in your garden...new bugs or soemthing??? Are the council spraying verges etc near you at the minute ( thye're out in force round here) could it be that????? Poor dog must be really itchy and feeling miserable, know I do when I get all allergicy as I like to put it. Hope you get it sorted...give her a scratch from me!
Ax
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >