Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 05:31 PM

Parvo Virus Please Read

can anyone give me advice,theres a boarding and breeding kennels that has sold a litter of pups with parvo virus.one of these pups have died and ive seen the lab report confirming it was parvo virus,another one i know has been really ill,also a dog thats been in for boarding has came out with really bad enteritis[not yet confirmed wether its parvo or not].the person whos puppy has died has rang the kennel owners,who were quite rude to her and told her to claim of the insurance.
is there away of stopping them from breeding and boarding dogs for a while until there completely clear of the virus????
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I though kennels had to be covered by insurance, to be able to claim for such things.
I honestly wouldn't know but hope they see sense, poor dogs.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Parvo? All boarding dogs MUST be up to date with vaccinations, its weird its Parvo, although the Gastro that you mention can be awful and kill too.

They should have insurance, but many dont, its up to owners to check these things before boarding their pets.
londonchihuahua
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh no thats terrible

Poor dogs
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Parvo? All boarding dogs MUST be up to date with vaccinations, its weird its Parvo, although the Gastro that you mention can be awful and kill too.

They should have insurance, but many dont, its up to owners to check these things before boarding their pets.
the puppy that died,ive got a copy of the lab report its confired parvo,this kennels is still advertising puppys for sale and inviting people to come and see them.
i would have thought,if youve got parvo,nothing comes in and nothing goes out.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
the puppy that died,ive got a copy of the lab report its confired parvo,this kennels is still advertising puppys for sale and inviting people to come and see them.
How can you be certain that the pup had Parvo before it left the breeder's premises ?

There could be Parvo in the area, itself which would explain another dog in the vacinity having it too !
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
the puppy that died,was brought on the monday evening,they rang the breeder on the tuesday saying it wouldnt eat or drink and was looking sorry for itself,[breeder adviced them this was normal due to travel and change]wednesday morning it was in at vets,streight on drip and tests done,the puppy diedsaterday morning.
another puppy from the same breeders has gone down with same symptoms.
the other young adult dog was boarding at the kennels and was ill from the day he was collected.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
Does sound suspect and i suppose if its from his own dogs then they dont have to be vaccinated and it could of come in that way.

Im not sure of the legalities, but I know Birmingham Dogs home was forced to shut for near on 6 months when they had it.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
If they are reasonible breeder's they wouldn't accept people in and out like aroundabout if there is a virus in the kennel's be it parvo or gastro viruses'.
IMO they should shut down if they won't admit get a council number ring them up ask if these people have a licence and ask them to go check it out,If it was one of mine (which it wouldnt,but if it was) I would be devastated and give them there money back, maybe the ad was paid for and is continuing to run.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Can't this be reported to DEFRA as it's a highly contagious disease,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >