Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Can't see much form the pic, but how old is he? Believe it or not I've now had a couple of pups who when they become teenage, get a few spots around their face...honestly I'm not joking!!!
That is what I was going to say teenage acne Star had it and Finn currently has a few massive spots on his chin.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
That is what I was going to say teenage acne Star had it and Finn currently has a few massive spots on his chin.
Phew...thanks Carole, thought everyone would think I was a nutter!!!!!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2007, 10:24 AM
hi, please let us know what the vet said about the cyst, I want to know if my memory is still functioning OK . as I said, "histonoma" was the term that came into my mind last night.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
My Boxer Harvey used to get spots I just used to squeeze them and clean them up lol!
Becky
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
hi, please let us know what the vet said about the cyst, I want to know if my memory is still functioning OK . as I said, "histonoma" was the term that came into my mind last night.
I found the word I was looking for. HISTIOCYTOMA, if that's what it is. if i'm right, don't worry, it's easily treated. don't think it's been a bee or wasp sting, else he would'nt let you near it.
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm another whose dog went through a spotty stage. My weimi had lots of proper spots around his lips and chin right up until he was about 3 and the occasional one popped up later on too. Usually when he had an ingrowing hair. Eventually they used to pop or I'd get the gunge out and clean them up and he'd be right as ninepence.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey guys well I saw my vet today and explained what it was like, she didn't seem too worried and said that it would be ok to leave it until saturday.

Got home this afternoon and it seems to have gone down a bit to be honest, hopefully it was just a little sting or a spot or something

Oh Ramble Max has just turned a year old!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Mummy2Max View Post
Hey guys well I saw my vet today and explained what it was like, she didn't seem too worried and said that it would be ok to leave it until saturday.

Got home this afternoon and it seems to have gone down a bit to be honest, hopefully it was just a little sting or a spot or something

Oh Ramble Max has just turned a year old!
Thats great news, she would have had him straight in if she had any doubts. I'm so relieved and pleased for you
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 03:49 PM
ah scorpio yer not daft, Vinnie is at the plukey youth stage, acne on the chin,,,yuk, the rotts quite often get it on the lower jaw under the chin, sometimes if they have been rooting around and take hairs out eg, scooting for a ball and skudding there chin on the ground to grab it they also get massive pussy spots, I think its common in quite alot of dogs, the short haired breeds even more so I think
bestdogs
New Member!
Female 

10-07-2007, 05:00 PM
It looks like a small cyst ( though Im no vet) get it checked for your own piece of mind.Saying that one of my dogs is 13 and got all sorts of lumps and bumps, has had for years, but vet says leave well alone.Good luck please let us know how you get on.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >