Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

25-06-2007, 11:53 PM

my staffy - any advice on diet?

well we got a staffy a week ago and he is 9 weeks old , he is a great little pup ! funny little ****** , i cant put my work socks on without playing tug of war !
having a bit of troble with tolit training but i hope he gets the hang of it soon.he is a great eater and he drinks PLENTY of water aswell.he also loves my three year old son.

ill post a pic when i get a chance.
can anyone give me some tips on what to feed him to bring out a great posture, i no he is only young but any advise will be great . got him on the science diet dry through the day and at night give him the dry mixed with the science wet ( tin ) . aswell with the od chicken neck here and there . a nice big bone from the bucher to chew on when we are out , and on weekends some raw chicken and meat .
Thanks all
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

26-06-2007, 06:17 AM
just wondering if any other staffy owner out there would like to share a good diet
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Welcome to the forum

Science diet is supposed to be good stuff, don't know what else I'd recommend. I feed James Wellbeloved and Marius does well on that.

If you do change feeds just make sure it is a gradual change as your puppy will have a delicate tummy and is easily upset.:smt002 It is better to add the new food in with the old and increase the ratio slowly.

I would advise asking the same question under the Diet & Nutrition section on the forum, you will probably get more replies
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-06-2007, 01:09 AM
thanks heaps
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by bretto View Post
just wondering if any other staffy owner out there would like to share a good diet
Hi Bretto,
dont have staffies but I do have bullies, all that you are giving him is fine I also give mine! mutton, roo, rabbit,beef, chichen, fish, pasta or rice, carrots,cottage cheese.
also Apples, mangos, pawpaws.
they never have the same meal two days running like us it would be boring having the same thing.
When he starts to teething try freezing a kong with Chicken stock inside will keep him interested and easy the pain of teething
cheers
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by China View Post
Hi Bretto,
dont have staffies but I do have bullies, all that you are giving him is fine I also give mine! mutton, roo, rabbit,beef, chichen, fish, pasta or rice, carrots,cottage cheese.
also Apples, mangos, pawpaws.
they never have the same meal two days running like us it would be boring having the same thing.
When he starts to teething try freezing a kong with Chicken stock inside will keep him interested and easy the pain of teething
cheers
that is great advise thank you ! when you say you give your dog pasta , rice , carrots ,
are they steamed? also apples, do you just cut the apple up ?
i also read that peanut butter inside the kong is that good for them ? ( crunchy or smooth )
cheers
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 12:10 AM
that is great advise thank you ! when you say you give your dog pasta , rice , carrots ,
are they steamed? also apples, do you just cut the apple up ?
i also read that peanut butter inside the kong is that good for them ? ( crunchy or smooth )
cheers
Hi bretto,
with the pasta or rice cook it the way you would normally for your self, as to the carrots they like it any way but as it a baby I would grate it, for the apple or any fruit I cut into pieces, my guys also love dried fruit like banana chips
as to the peanut butter smooth Lol
cheers K
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-06-2007, 12:33 AM
ok thats great
giving a dog a wide range of foods , would that creat a picky eater? sorry for all the questions,
ill def try the rice and pasta ,
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:53 PM
ok thats great
giving a dog a wide range of foods , would that creat a picky eater? sorry for all the questions,
ill def try the rice and pasta ,
all I can say is mine are not, even when I had Alaskan Malamutes I did the same thing and I was feeding 5 of them, the only time one of the mal's cocked his nose up was a possum he had pulled off the barn, but one of the others ate it. and don't worry about the questions if you don't ask you will never know
bretto
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-07-2007, 11:09 AM
cheers thats funny about the possom
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >