Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 02:31 PM

Meg's Famous - Im so Sad..

Yes, it really is sad.. and indeed pathetic, but im so happy!!

We've only been getting 'our dogs' for a couple of months but have yet to have anything other than a mention of our dogs names in the write ups as we usually only get 2nd or 3rd Which is kind of annoying as well as we'd really like some feedback, about Meg especially! But in this issue, which only came today There's a proper write up about Meg from the class she won a couple of weeks ago! Its so nice to read what the judge had to say about her... And she said Meg moved out well with her handler... Of course! lol!

So, sad as it is, im so excited! My doggies finally got more than just a name in the write ups!!

bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Good girl Meg

Congratulations Jessica
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Congratulations to you and Meg ... your getting there!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks

Its so hard to get noticed at all in a breed as big as Labradors, especially when you're new to showing and have bred your own dogs! Its kind of 'run' by certain big breeders and i know other people have had the same problems and given up! But we will persist, we think our dogs are good enough, other people just need to catch up with our thinking!

The judge also said that Megs body needs to deepen though, which i agree with really - we're thinking of waiting until the summer to show Meg again to give her time to mature. But she loves it so much we'll probably do a few open/limit shows! And theres a companion show coming up that we might do which will be fun cos she loves to do the obedience at those!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Jessica you have got WELKS and Three Counties just up the road so at least you don't have to travel far for those..I think Labs come into their own at the outdoor shows It may take a while for Meg to drop in body..18 months to 2 years.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Jessica you have got WELKS and Three Counties just up the road so at least you don't have to travel far for those..I think Labs come into their own at the outdoor shows It may take a while for Meg to drop in body..18 months to 2 years.
Yes, we were going to take Meg and Chloe to 3 counties but Chloe is just about to start some nasty medical treatment and as you said, Meg needs a few months to mature so we may do some champ shows at the end of the summer and stick to Open ones for the moment. I honestly dont enjoy the champ ones as much! There seems to be a much friendlier atmosphere at open shows and is just a more relaxing day out! Plus it costs a lot less! When both girls are ready to do some champ shows we'll see.

Meg goes much better outdoors, the rings are too small for her indoors! Chloe's not been shown outside so that should be interesting..
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

09-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Now is the time to start a scrap book, I've got the report the judge wrote on my dog at the first show I went to way back in 1969. Have just sent my last show dog's scrap book off to her breeder this week, It is an easy way to keep a record of all your wins and make sure you don't enter the wrong class when all those red cards begin to mount up. Have a lovely time showing your girls- it's great fun and remember no matter what happens you ALWAYS take the best dog home with YOU. Kath.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, my mum suggested keeping a record of how they do. Someone said it was a good idea to see which judges not to show under against too

There should have been write ups from when Meg and Riley were puppies but i cant find them, maybe they were in something else, or not written up at all!

Chloe just jumped on my bed and sat on Meg's write up Must be jealous cos she only get her name mentioned!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Awww thtas really great-well done !
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Course its not sad...you should be very proud!
Its a big thing for us 'showers' to get a good critique...WELL DONE
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >