Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scarter
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the info.

At this stage I'm not keen on consulting a homeopathic vet. Partly due to cost, and partly due to the fact that I'm not ready to completely put my dog in their hands. We're at a stage where I feel the least we do the better!

It does however fit my criteria for the type of treatment I want for her. She is young and her allergies are mild - although she is allergic to a lot of things for a young dog with no history of allergies in her pedigree. We suspect that repeated courses of antibiotics as a young pup might have caused the problem. Unfortunately, it's almost expected that an atopic dog will get worse every year. We want to do everything in our power to prevent this from happening.

Our approach is to ease the symptoms with harmless treatments and to do everything we can to strengthen and stabilise her imune system. She's undergoing immunotherapy and we are giving her fatty acids and probiotics. We're also doing our best to avoid any kind of medication....although unfortunately she needed a stomach op last week to remove a ball and has had another dose of antibiotics.

We're out of her allergy season now and the itching has all but cleared up. There's a chance that it won't come back in February when the pollen season starts again due to the immunotherapy.

If we do have problems next year I think I may well take her along to a homeopathic vet to see what they have to say. There is one within reasonable traveling distance to us.

But at this stage I'm happier to just have a read at the book you recommend. If there are any suggestions to help build up her immune system without risking doing harm I'm happy to fork out a few pounds to try them.
karley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2008, 01:45 AM
It is a shame it seems so expensive there, you can buy cheap homeopathics remedies that are of very very high quality from www.greenpet.com.au

I am a natural therapist and have used homeopathics for yrs on humans and animals and have never had any negative results and many many postive ones.

In Australia it seems it is a lot cheaper to provide your animals this sort of treatment which is a shame as I feel every one should have cheap access to each as it is noot expensive to make.

Green pet will do over the phone consultations and sed you what you need. If you know what you need then you do not need to have consultation.

Good luck with it all
karley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2008, 02:02 AM
There have been many tests run on homeopathic medicines over the years through Europe and america. These have proven time and time again that they do work and that the side effects if any are slim. What they can't prove is exactly how they work and that is where the people get put off as people tend to think if it cant be explained then it is unsafe.

In Australia it is used widely on animals and humans.
I have used homepathics for years on humans and animals with no negative results. I have also used flower remedies, bach flower remedies and essential oils on horses, dogs, cats and humans once again with no negative results.

Every one is entitled to choose how they treat their pets & them selves but people should not write treatments off just because they do not know how it works.

If you research and still decide its not for you then that is and always will be your own decision and people should also alway respect that.

I have met many people that will and would never go near any type of natural therapy.

I personally willl always use homeopathics and natural medicines on myself and my dogs.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7