Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
right she spoke to vet and just rang me said to keep him quiet and ring at 12 if no change the vet will come out and put him to sleep as there is nothing they will be able to do so just a waiting game
Aw Angie So sorry to hear this, but far better put him at peace. Ace doesnt sound like he has any idea what is going on around him. I do hope it doesnt come to that though xxxx
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 08:33 AM
So sorry this has happened.
He sounds very frightened and confused, this could be something to do with whats going on with him. Try to keep him in the dark as this will help calm him maybe. Try to keep calm yourself and remember he cant help himself. I would let him be and not go out to him, have a blanket or quilt for when the vets arrives, just to throw over him to help to handle him.
My heart goes out to you. Hope the vet is more helpful later, you need to know he isn't going to suffer.
Wished I lived nearer to come and help.

Take care of your bite, keep it clean and dry, cover it with a clean non sticky dressing and go to the doctor later, you may need AB's.

xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi Angie , what a horrible situation . If you are unable to get Ace to the vets at the moment I would put a bed/water down no food and keep a discreet eye on him and just let him rest. If Ace has had some kind of cerebral episode he may not even recognise you and could be very fearful.

Look after yourself too, you must be very shocked. xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I am sorry. I think if he continues to be so upset and stressed there is something very serious going on with him and maybe putting to sleep will be kinder for Ace.

Sounds like good advice for now keep him dark and quiet and see if he will recover enough for a vet to take a proper look at him later. If not it sounds like the suggestion already made is the only way to go.

(((Hugs))). X
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2011, 10:37 AM
left him in the summerhouse while i did the horses left him for 45 mins went back in open the door said comon on ace he look at me stood up and ran over to me(i pooped meself!!) and gave me a jump cuddle and hes back to his normal happy self!! gobbled the food up so just going to ring the vet to see what we do now although dont want him pts at moment til i know whaT IS GOING ON with his brain but hes super hyper spaniel style at moment
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 10:43 AM
left him in the summerhouse while i did the horses left him for 45 mins went back in open the door said comon on ace he look at me stood up and ran over to me(i pooped meself!!) and gave me a jump cuddle and hes back to his normal happy self!! gobbled the food up so just going to ring the vet to see what we do now although dont want him pts at moment til i know whaT IS GOING ON with his brain but hes super hyper spaniel style at moment
oohh I do hope you can get to the bottom of it and hope it doesn't happen again .
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Sounds like u both have had a fright {{hugs}}

Guess your next step is bloods.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Am I alone in being faintly horrified at the advice from the vet?
What you do with a dog who has had a fit is to leave them alone to come out of it. It takes at least 30 minutes. You can see when they`re back with you by the eyes.
Occasional seisures are not uncommon. They can be triggered by heat, toxins, illness etc etc.
I had one GSD who had just one. And a Hound who would have one every few months. It is not a life sentence in most cases.
Change your vet!
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Thats a good sign...I am praying that they can find the cause of it after tests! xx
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Im glad to hear he is back to himself. hopefully the vet will be able to help.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »