Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-03-2006, 08:20 PM

Rowan - Border Collie

Rowen is a beautiful 6 month old Black & White lass who has come to Wiccaweys from Ireland. She has come over with her Mum, Willow and brother, Ash.

Willow's farmer owner didn't really want her, so he let her roam. She had a liason with another farm collie and she had babies. The farmer didn't want them and couldn't be bothered with them, so he kept them all shut up in a stable. When the pups reached about 5 months he decided he'd had enough and was going to shot them all. Luckily one of our Irish rescuer workers heard about this and stepped in at the last minute to save Willow's family.

Rowen is a very lovely girl. For obvious reasons she is shy and reticent when she first meets strange people. She is coming round nicely now, and it is very funny to watch when she joins her Mum and brother trotting along all behind Sarah.

Rowen needs a gentle home where she can blossom.

If you feel you can offer Rowan the home she deserves, please telephone us on: 07905 203254 (please note we only accept enquiries for dogs by telephone - we like to have a chat with you!)

*All Wiccaweys dogs are vaccinated, neutered where appropriate, microchipped, flea-treated and wormed before leaving for their new homes.
*All dogs are carefully assessed within a home environment, no Wiccaweys dog is kennelled.
*All potential new Guardians are required to fill in an adoption application form and a homecheck will be carried out.
*All successful new Guardians are required to sign
an adoption contract.
*Lifetime advice, commitment and support to rehomed dogs and their new Guardians.
*Help and advice is available to all.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2006, 08:35 PM
aww she is so beautiful i do hope she finds the new loving caring home she and her brother and mum all find there home real soon they are all such beautiful collies good luck
Kelly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Another beauty :smt049 :smt049
Leslie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2006, 07:16 PM
I wish I lived in the UK. I would take Rowan, Willow and Ace. What
absolutely beautiful dogs!! How could anyone NOT want them??

It says they came from Ireland. I thought Borders were big in Ireland
for herding? Why would that farmer give them up? I don't get it.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh she is so adorable! We would have her - if my parents were to entertain the idea of another dog (which, after looking after Keena and having them chase each other up and down the hall isn't going to happen) and if it wasn't for the fact that she needs a gentle home and Takara would terrify her to death!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Aww What a cutie

I hope Rowen finds her forever loving home soon
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Rowan is also improving, she partiularly likes to creep up behind you when she thinks you aren't looking and and sniffs you, she is a very different girl from the one who hid behind the hay and never came out.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Well done the Irish rescue worker that stepped in, what an absolute beauty Rowan is. Sending hugs and very best wishes in finding a forever home x
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Little thing, hope all turns out well
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2006, 08:33 PM
she is just beautiful, I wish I could have her
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >