View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately this pair are coming back to us much our dissapointment and anger.

The lady phoned this morning to say she doesn't know what she was thinking, and why she thought she could cope with 2 dogs. Apparently Bella & Lucy also aren't trained and too busy?

Reality check - you adopted 2 collies....!
Middle aged or not.

Hey, don't worry about it... don't bother putting any work into them...or letting them settle and get to know you.....hey, they've only been waiting for a home for 6 months.....they are only dogs after all...... Doesn't matter does it... mucking them about.

Maybe I sound harsh, but this is Bella & Lucy we are talking about - and anyone who knows them and has met them will know why I am furious.

Rant over now........they are lovely girls and it is so unfair this has happened to them. We couldn't have been any more careful and explained in great detail what they could expect and also they met and spent quite a bit of time with the girls so had a fairly good idea before they committed.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Awww thats really sad Poor Bella and Lucy I don't know what the original owners were thinking of getting rid of their dogs anyway for a baby. I had a GSD when I had a baby and would never dreamed of rehoming him

Hope the lovely girls find a loving home soon with the right people

Good luck Bella and Lucy
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Poor girls

I wish I could take them all.....
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Wiccaweys
Unfortunately this pair are coming back to us much our dissapointment and anger.

The lady phoned this morning to say she doesn't know what she was thinking, and why she thought she could cope with 2 dogs. Apparently Bella & Lucy also aren't trained and too busy?

Reality check - you adopted 2 collies....!
Middle aged or not.

Hey, don't worry about it... don't bother putting any work into them...or letting them settle and get to know you.....hey, they've only been waiting for a home for 6 months.....they are only dogs after all...... Doesn't matter does it... mucking them about.

Maybe I sound harsh, but this is Bella & Lucy we are talking about - and anyone who knows them and has met them will know why I am furious.

Rant over now........they are lovely girls and it is so unfair this has happened to them. We couldn't have been any more careful and explained in great detail what they could expect and also they met and spent quite a bit of time with the girls so had a fairly good idea before they committed.
Oh no... those poor girls. Well at least, they are coming back sooner than later (less damage done so to speak). I do hope that the next time someone takes an interest in them, they will be absolutely genuine with their commitment... They are gorgeous girls and I do wish them luck..

Alexa, feel free to rant.. It happens, no matter how many checks you do. You did your best, and no-one can put blame on you/wiccaways for that.
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2006, 07:12 PM

If you feel you can offer Bella & Lucy the home they deserve, please telephone us on: 07905 203254 (please note we only accept enquiries for dogs by telephone - we like to have a chat with you!)

How can you not fall in love with these girls? :smt049
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

31-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks Amanda

We know that deep down we couldn't have done anymore but you still feel you let them down when something like this happens, particularly if you are emotionally attached.....(even though you try hard not to be more than neccessary)
Cumbrian Lass
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks Amanda

We know that deep down we couldn't have done anymore but you still feel you let them down when something like this happens, particularly if you are emotionally attached.....(even though you try hard not to be more than neccessary)
I know all too well how you feel hun, especially when the dog(s) aren't at fault. Even when they are, you wonder well what on earth has someone done to them to make them do that?

So has Bella and Lucy had any enquiries? Is it time to keep my fingers and toes crossed yet?
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Bella and Lucy are once again on homecheck, they are coming to meet them next weekend. Please keep your fingers crossed for them.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here, hope all goes to plan
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-03-2006, 06:28 PM
All gone wrong again with these two.

We have decided to let one of them go out on foster for a week to see how they cope seperated, if they miss each other they will stay together and wait for the home but we suspect they may no longer be dependant on each other.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >