Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2016, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
From what I was told the other day, there is now a solution with the sub station problem, the part they needed wasn't available in this country, they thought they may have to re-do the lot, but they have got a part now. No idea of the time scale, but hoping its tomorrow
Hi June, just popped in to have a browse (Hope to get backlatter)

Regarding the 'part' they need, I hope it's not one of those big transformer thingies. Some years ago I read about a Suffolk village that was without electricity for ten weeks because a transformer blew up and they had to make another one in the factory. It was a UK factory but what amazed me, and still amazes me. is that such an important part is not keept as a spare somewhere

It has long been a trend to not hold spares locally but when you are without electricity for ten weeks because they have to make the darn thing that is not acceptable to me. Still sleepy little Suffolk villages don't really count, not many people and not very wealthy. Bet it wouldn't happen in Wilmslow or Poynton
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Good evening everyone Moira having fly naps today and off to bed already, Sue busy as usual, TW hope you can get on the river soon with the girls. Flowers sound lovely Mandy. Lynn hope life settles down soon for you, Brenda hope Tytos allergy doesn't bother him too much.

Had Sammy offlead this morning for first time in ages. He was quite good but took off into the distance when he saw another dog. Luckily it was one we knew and friendly.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Just popped back to let you know I am now not only the vet nurse (for Casey) but also the human nurse for OH who has gone down with a bad case of lurgi, temperatures, fever, and coughing and she thinks she knows who passed it on to her. She's taking Night nurse and Day nurse and if it doesn't go away soon will have to see the Doc. I told her to go now but she wants to see if it gets worse before taking up surgery time.

Casey is making progress but the vet we saw on Saturday (A new guy not seen him before) said we might be looking at months rather than weeks before he is fully fit. Told me to make sure our walks are no more than 10 to 15 minutes each day. But I'm happy to say his appetite has returned with a vengance and he ate everything in his bowl tonight.

So not much time tonight, enjoy your evening, see you tomorrow.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Oh B#gger Harvey, hope your OH will be o.k...and young Casey too
Hiya 1cutedog, hopefutonce the novelty of being off lead wears off Sammy will decide not to leg it
Training was good, Deags was a good girl and we have a week off and then a party!!!! It is a year since the lady who runs it took over
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Those girls are doing so well Griff, enjoy the weekend off and then the party, a year has gone really fast and you've really made a difference with them.
Harvey, make sure that nurses uniform is in good order and the apron is clean at all times Hoping your OH gets over the worst very soon and is back in charge of you all. What about Hydrotherapy for Casey, its brilliant for cases like his. I am (usually anyway) lucky in having the river to take the girls to, and maybe I will again soon, but I do know the doggy Chiropractor who saw Lona last year said to me she could tell that Lona hadn't been swimming recently,hence her back going dodgy again.
My friend has a couple of others onboard now who are able to give her more practical help and things are slowly turning for her, feel really whacked still,very drained after the dramas of the last few days and am off for a soak and bed.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2016, 10:51 PM
Thanks TW... Kota has been going to training for at least 2years and deags well for virtually as long as I have had her...I like them to go and see other dogs and mix with different people too
Very glad your friend ha help.Samaritans are really good at that...if she ever threatens it again they may be able to give you some advice
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Everything went wrong for her at once, she's got some emotional and practical help from other close friends over the last 24 hours and that has really lifted her spirits, and only had her on the phone 4 times today, and they were all cheerful positive phone calls, and not heard from her at all tonight, so think she is through the darkest time thank goodness. Someone really did the dirty on her over something she was totally dependant on happening and the whole ediface came crashing down around her, there are some real cr@ppy people out there, thank goodness there are also decent kind ones around as well.
My brain is glad of the rest
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3