View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-10-2009, 05:20 AM
Rhianna's part-time fosterers took her on a four day break with them. Their circumstances mean they can't have a dog full-time so they take this girlie for break and weekends where they can to give her a break from kennel life. They would dearly love Rhianna to find a forever home. Here is their update:

We are back from our lovely holiday in Devon. Rhianna once again has proved herself to be a fabulous dog.

There were 6 of us on our trip including a friend who is nervous of dogs and she was fabulous with everyone.

We had lots of lovely walks on the beach. She was so desperate to run that we took the plunge and let her off the lead. So wish we had done it loads earlier as she is fab. She never lets you out of her sight. Her recall is pretty good these days, perfect if you have a ball in your hand. She played and played on the beach with balls. Poor thing is still not the fittest, her mind wants to go on but her body just wont run any more!!

She still isnt the biggest fan of other dogs but its not an issue. If a dog comes over we just pop her back on the lead for a bit while she has a growl and then let her off as soon as they leave her alone. She never goes after dogs she just doesnt want them sniffing her bottom.

The signs with the crate are pretty good as well. She cries much less at night time with the crate, in fact she slept right through the night. It could just have been that she was sooo tired from all the running on the beach, we will see if it still helps with her separation anxiety at home.

We are going to have her as many days as we can but unfortunately we cant keep her out of kennels all the time. Wish we could. I cant tell you how much Seb and I have fallen for gorgeous little Rhianna.
Anyway time for the photos, I warn you there are lots but she was so easy to photograph off the lead.

Rhianna with all her new friends.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

12-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Rhianna is lucky enough to have foster carers that cannot foster her full time back give her wonderful weekend breaks and holidays away from the kennels. Here is a recent update from them:

"Had such a lovely weekend with Rhianna. Yesterday spent the day on Hampstead Heath. Seb had the car so we got the overland. She was very well behaved on the train. On the Heath she was fantastic as usual. We went for a very long walk (partly on purpose, partly because I got lost)! We found a quieter area of the Heath where we played ball off leash, that is definitely her favourite thing to do.

She is so good walking past dogs on the Heath. She is still growly when dogs sniff her, or if they approach her when she is on the lead face on looking interested.

Seb and I, Rhianna and Digby went for a very long walk today - off leash!! They were fantastic. We had a minor incident at the beginning of the walk where Rhianna jumped up at me as she thought that I was going to throw something into the river for her to chase. Digby thought that was not on so tried to stop her (a little rich coming from Digby as he jumps up all the time!!). She saw him off, however she literally just chased him off and came back to me. When we saw there was no intent behind it, it completely relaxed Seb and I and we let them get on with it.
They ran and ran around together. Disapearing into the bushes together, running through the fields they were fantastic. So now I am wondering whether she is one of those funny dogs who is just grumpy on the lead and not off???

We then took it a step further, Mum wanted Seb and I to stay for supper so we thought that we would try them in the house. Again perfect! They just behaved like they had always lived together. Rhianna even started sniffing Digby - up untill then she would never sniff another dog. She still growled at him a little bit when she found his toys and pinched them, after we took them away they were fine again. She was so well behaved with Digby. We still fed them on seperate side of the kitchen just incase - Mum gave them left over roast chicken with their biscuits!
Rhianna's recall on walks is perfect. She is also starting to prove herself with other dogs. Her seperation anxiety is very, very nearly fixed, totally fixed if she is tired enough!

Unfortunately Seb has to put Rhianna back in kennels tomorrow for two nights. We will pick her up again on Wednesday afternoon. I hate having to put her back for two nights. She really, really deserves a home. When she is rehomed we will miss her like crazy but we are just not in position to keep her full time.
She is so special. We absolutely adore this dog.

Some pictures from Sunday. Am so so proud of her. She is such a lovely lady. We will start to try her out with other dogs now, not just Digby. Will let you know how we get on".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Here is an update from Rhianna's fosterers:

"Rhianna went to visit Seb's Mum yesterday in Lamberhurst. All of the kids descended on his Mum's house - his sisters three and his brother's three. They range in age from 4 months to 10 years old and Rhianna was brilliant with all 6 of them, well 5 as she didnt meet the tiny one. She still had her collar on, even though its completely useless as she took the bandage off anyway over the course of the day.

Seb took her back to the vet this morning and she is fine, bandage off and also the collar - yeah! The backs of our knees I am sure will heal in time. She wasn't very charming in the vet. I may have a chat with them about taking her in there a few times and putting her on the table for treats etc, hopefully they will be ok with helping with that.

The rest of the time she is a delight, gorgeous sweet little dog. Although I have to say I am beginning to feel a little neglected myself and might put myself up for rehoming as Rhianna and Seb seem to only have eyes for each other!! Last night all I could hear from the other room was Seb telling her she was the most beautiful girl in the world and giving her a big kiss before coming to bed. I seem to have been ousted by a pooch!

You can't see me!!

As I was saying... ousted by a pooch!

Poor little dog "

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-11-2009, 09:31 PM
An update from Rhianna's fosterers:

Just got back from muddy Hampstead Heath. Rhianna was as always very good. We walked for a couple of hours and it was sunny so we got some photos I can put up!! Found some more on Seb's camera which are quite cute too so apologies that there are so many.

She has had a good week again this week. She went down to Seb's parents with him for the day and went for a walk with their Welsh Terrier. She is a 10 month old unspeyed bitch (she is going in for the snip in two weeks). Rhianna was very good with her, when Meg jumped on her too much she grumbled at her but generally paid her not much attention at all.

She is still not brilliant at meeting dogs on the lead, however we are going to keep working on this and see if we can get her to the stage where she can be more relaxed about it. Personally I think that it wouldnt be very hard as its not intense, its just noise. She is fine when she meets dogs in the park off leash, she is fine walking alongside dogs when on the lead. She just doesnt like them coming up to her when she is on the lead without being properly introduced.

She is generally so good, this is just her one last remaining little thing to sort. Reckon we will get there though!!

Enjoying the view at Hampstead Heath

Rhianna the lap dog

Princess Rhianna on her throne

Chilling out on my Mum's sofa

Her very, very best pose!

Demonstrating how brilliant she is at sitting now!

Do you like my new collar?

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-12-2009, 10:58 PM
An update from Rhianna's fosterer:

"Rhianna was so fantastic with Sebs brothers kids today. They all came here for lunch and she was amazingly relaxed about having everyone in her house. The youngest is 6 months and the oldest is 7. She was lovely with them all. When the 7 year old fed her supper she even did a lovely sit and wait for him when he asked even though the way that he asked was not confident at all. She was very sweet. She gave the baby's feet one lick but otherwise didnt actually pay them an awful lot of attention. She didnt even lift her head when they were making lots of noise and the baby had a cry.
She really is a sweet girl"!

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 07:15 AM
What a gorgeous girl she is. She looks just fantastic now after her weight loss - just so fit and healthy.

I hope she finds her forever home very soon, but in the meantime, her fosterers are doing an absolutely brilliant job!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-12-2009, 10:02 PM
An update from Rhianna's foster home:

"Went to Hampstead Heath to play in the snow with Rhianna today.
I have read all the updates on the foster dogs and they seem all to be very energetic at the moment. Rhianna was a handful today. Its the snow! It's like kids, she gets really over excited in the snow.
She wanted to get involved in the snow ball fights and she stole a rugby ball (very lovely and understanding couple thank God). That ball I didnt even spot as it was miles away. She had a lot of fun though. We are going to have to do some practising with walking away from footballs, although its sooo much better than before it is kind of lucky we have come across understanding people so far. I think that we are going to have to do some more practise with leave. We will get there, she has come so far and I dont think that as many people play football and rugby on the heaths outside London, I think that its a London thing.

And after all that snow you have to warm up! This for the record is not her blanket"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Pictures from a walk with Rhianna ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Rhianna held court in a snug area of the pub yesterday before we all set off to walk the kennels dogs. Have to say without a shadow of a doubt that she is her foster daddy's dog! He looked pretty smitten too

Rhianna is still waiting for her forever home to find her ... where are you?!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-12-2009, 08:58 PM
A revised ad for Rhianna as she has come on leaps and bounds in her foster home ...

Her Story: Found stray Jan 09, Kent. Homed for 4 months via the pound and returned having not been walked for 3 months - "haven't had time"!

Salient points: Rhianna is a lively vibrant cross breed ... an old-fashioned Heinz 57. Lovely sunshine temperament. Walks keenly and mixes with dogs she meets well off lead.

Advert: Rhianna is a Heinz 57 bitza. Bitza this and Bitza that! Staffie blended in there giving her the willing smile and people focus. Rhianna's beauty shines through and her personality is so truly wonderful. Rhianna has become one of the easiest dogs on our books thanks to the dedication of her fosterers. She offers enthusaism and companionship and dedication.... out on her walks she is so happy. Her spirit wins through and she has become a whow dog.

She should be the most popular dog on our books, but we very rarely get any interest in her. She is that old fashion cross breed as tough as old boots, grateful for everything, involved in the heart of the families activities. She has learned to settle with dogs, walks with them well and even plays with a friend.. She is forging ahead full speed and needs an active life style with Rhianna at the heart of her families activities! Fostered North London.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >