View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:29 AM
And anyone else who gives her cuddles on a regular basis...
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Yep, its nits!!!!

Assuming they have come from school, shes been scratching for a while and both me and my mum have been searching her hair but couldnt find anything, the mistake we made was checking her hair when it was wet, that makes them almost impossible to see but when doing her hair the other day, when it was dry, i noticed the little white bits.

Havent seen anything crawling just the eggs, the chemist has given me Full Marks Mousse, just hope it works!!
I've used full marks mousse and full marks solution,both are brilliant,another good one is X-it,expensive but it's fab and it's all natural stuff but it stinks lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/X-IT-Head-Lice...d=p3286.c0.m14
Don't forget to repeat treating in 7 days time

Thankfully mine haven't had any for a while
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Yep the white bits are the empty sacs where they have hatched and brown ones are still to hatch, We have tried loads over the years but we use this herbal stuff from chemists its about £15 but worth every penny will try and remember the name. The over the counter stuff they have become immune to.
Just remembered: http://www.nittygritty.co.uk/ng/index.jsp
You can try others but they just dont kill all of them so ending forking out 2 or 3 times.
I used to help out when Jack was at nursery had it about 8 times so became a seasoned pro LOL .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:44 AM
my son got them at school years ago, He got up said his head was itchy,, I had a look and saw movement,,,arrggghhh we were off up the chemist like a whippet,,, ended up stood there waiting on it opening,, along with all the junkies waiting on there heroin substitute, was a horrid experiance all in,
Hugs
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:47 AM
the best thing is the nitty gritty comb.. you won't remove all the eggs with any lotions and plastic combs just arent as good. good luck!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 10:52 AM
You know this really annoys me, my nieces and nephews get nits on a regular basis and every time they come from the same pupil in school.
They don't have nit nurses now like when I was at school. If you were found to have nits or anyone else for that matter, a letter was sent home to the parents.
Now, it not PC to send a letter home, and they dont believe in nit nurses, something about childrens right to privacy
When my sister complained to the school they said they could not do anything. She asked them to send a letter home with the kid involved, again they said they were not allowed to.
In the end the parents got together and contacted the lea and the local health.
Stupid bloody rules and regulations. What about the kids the pupil was infecting!!
Health and safety again!!!!!!

Bring back the Nitty Nora the Nit Nurse
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I remember the Nit Nurse, shame they dont have them anymore, there was a case of nits in Mia's class a while back and i only found out about it and who it was because i heard the girl talking to her mum about it, we hadnt even been notified there was a case.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I remember the Nit Nurse, shame they dont have them anymore, there was a case of nits in Mia's class a while back and i only found out about it and who it was because i heard the girl talking to her mum about it, we hadnt even been notified there was a case.
Exactly my point, the school do not advise parents if there is an infestation now. How can that be fair? I don't know what the world is coming too.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Charlie had them when at junior school, same scenario one child contantly infecting everyone!

We did the Full Marks mousse followed by the comb and conditioner method. I got a lovely big bottle of tea tree conditioner from the local chemist cheap.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I had them when I was at secondary school. Although I only got 2 headlice, the nits (empty eggcases) were really difficult to get rid of.

We used a shampoo from the chemist, but the only thing that gothe empty egg cases out of my hair was a mixture of essential oils in some olive oil. I had to rub this into my scalp and the roots of my hair then leave it on for 12 hours.

I'll have a look online and see if I can find out which essential oils it was. I'm pretty sure Geranium was one of them.

ETA: found it: Citronella, Geranium, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary. Use 5 drops of each in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil. I wouldn't trust it to kill actual headlice, but it'll get rid of the empty egg cases.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >