Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2014, 06:37 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning everyone.

Firstly good luck to Emma who is running the marathon today.

It is sunny here so far today and it would be nice if it stayed that way. I am trying to send some Northwards. (Honest).
We are over to Essex today to see Mark, Tracey and the children. Tracey's birthday tomorrow so will be taking her Tassimo, pods and some new cups I don't think Mark has told her what we have bought her so I hope she likes it. I know she had really wanted one and they had looked at them but other things have to be paid so it kept getting put on the back burner. Also taking the home made birthday cake and Easter eggs as we won't see them next week.
Just to let you know Mark didn't get the Toys r us job.

I hope everyone is feeling well today hoomans and doglets.
Bev I expect you are having a lovely weekend.

Take care and enjoy your Sunday.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 06:51 AM
Morning Lynn and everybody

Sounds like you're in store for a fantastic day Lynn, visiting the family and a birthday included, so there'll be lots of cake (even if you did make it?!). I'm sure she'll be over the moon with her Tassimo, that's the one I have, she'll love it, and I highly recommend the Creama Intenso pods with some coffee mate. Sorry to hear about Mark's disappointment but there'll be others I'm sure. Have a great day Lynn.

I was sooooo busy yesterday. I opened the door to the van and couldn't believe my eyes Blinkin' nightmare cleaning it up, but after 2 hours, it looked back to normal again - phew! I never thought I'd actually get to that point. What is the matter with some people, do they actually live like that at home That's a first for me in 3 years of letting and I hope it doesn't happen again. She's put in the visitor's book that they loved it so much she's definitely booking for next year and might even come back again this year - awww gaaawd

Anyhoo, Dave bought himself a new car. It's not new,it's 10 years old, but it's the same as mine, the 3 series Tourer in silver, so we're now back to the his and hers bimmers on the driveway lol! Mine's far superior to his cos it's the m-sport, lot more bling, but then that's only fitting cos I'm the female, plus mine is faster cos it's the 3.30 and his is only 3.20, but it's not the power he was after, it was the auto and the comfort. He won't mind that long journey quite so much every week now.

Got another booking yesterday over the phone from the magazine, so now only a tiny bit left to fill up to mid Oct. I think that magazine is going to prove very helpful for next year too.

It's a do nothing day here, might even check out the new woods I Googled in Guestling, because apparently the bluebells in there are a sight to behold, but might be a tad early for that. I'll check it out on our way home from up the top cos I'm not sure of the parking up there and it'll be nice to have Dave with me when I'm exploring something new.

I don't know what's been going on in the mad house here, haven't been keeping up with Dave home and work to do, but I'm sure everyone is fine along with the doglets.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, and good luck Emmis, hope you stay the course today
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 07:12 AM
Morning Lynn, H and all

Yes Lynn having a lovely time with Charly, Ash and Harley here. Charly had made me a birthday cake with lots of candles which is yummy.
In the afternoon we went for a lovely walk through the woods and then yesterday evening they took me out for a belated birthday meal.

Its gorgeous out there today and I did hear via the weatherman we could have temperatures of 18-20 degrees today. So with Harleys help I have just got out the patio table and chairs so we can sit out in the sun today.
When Charly and Ash emerge I think we may go for a walk through the woods down to the river and see what Harley thinks of all the swans there.

Sadly they have to go back later this afternoon. but the good news is they will be back during the week as they have a wedding to attend down here on Thursday. It would be nice if they could then stay for Easter but Ash won't know till end of the week if he has to work Easter weekend.

Lynn have a lovely day out in Essex with the family today. I bet Tracey is going to be so thrilled with her present. Its so helpful and nice when you know what they want.

H, enjoy your doing nothing day and have a lovely walk with Zena.

Good Luck to Emma running the marathon.

Have as good day all I am off to enjoy the lovely sunshine that I hope you all have too.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Morning Helena.
What a let down that some guests leave it so untidy. Will you be letting them back ? If you do will there rules of the caravan on the walls for their stay ?
That will hopefully make a difference then to Dave's journey and hopefully his state of mind if he has a comfortable car to travel to work in. He seems very upbeat still and it sounds like you are enjoying your weekends again.
Enjoy your nothing to do day and I don't think the blue bells will be long now.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Lynn we saw lots of bluebells out in the woods yesterday on our walk. They looked lovely so they are about now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2014, 07:33 AM
Morning Bev. Remind me did we do a happy birthday for you or not ? Is Charly making a belated birthday cake ?

Glad you are having a lovely weekend and sad they have to go later but nice they will back Thursday and fingers crossed Ash gets Easter off.
Enjoy your day and the sunshine.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

Clear blue sky, the sun is shining and the promise of a fantastic day ahead ..... a great start

OH qualified 2nd on the grid yesterday but the car lost a chain not long after the start of the race . He's hoping to be able to fix it for the race today but if not it will keep him busy again this coming week

After I've walked the dogs I plan to spend most of the day in the garden and I'll decide later as to whether its reading a book or gardening depending on how well I feel.

LynnThis weekend looks on for being a really successful and fun one for you what with that lovely walk yesterday and visiting family today. I'm sure Tracey will be delighted with her present and cake
Helena What a nightmare for you yesterday with that van change over Unfortunately some people are just slobs Enjoy your walk with Dave and Zena and I hope those woods prove to be lovely, so can be added to that long list of fab places to walk Enjoy your day and I'm sure Dave will love his new car.
Madmare Hi Bev what a lovely weekend you are having and I'm sure today will prove to be just as good what with the lovely weather forecast

Thinking of Emmis today and the marathon she will be setting off on very shortly ..... oooh perish the thought

See you all later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Morning Jenny well done to OH. Hope he gets the car fixed.
Sounds like you have a nice me time day planned reading a book sounds good to me.
Enjoy whatever you decide to do.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 07:48 AM
Morning all. Commiserations on the job let down for your son Lynn. All experience at 'interviews' though - that's what I tell mine. (Typical mum thing to say but still!) Enjoy your family day (off to find out what Tassimo is in a mo!) I've bought Easter Egg for Martin who will be with me for Easter (4 Cadbury Creme Eggs in a standard egg box!)

Helena interesting what you say about the 'comfort' of the beemers. Martin holds his responsible for half his discomfort with his back and knees! (Driving one of the most common aggravators of lumbar pain). He's been advised to ditch it and get something more 'upright' and supporting for the spine! But then he's very tall too (6' 4") so that is a factor when considering 'which cars seats' most seats not designed for over tall people.

About the bods who left the van in a mess. Years ago I gave up on depending on visitors to tidy up the rental apartment before leaving. Added the cost of cleaning onto the weekly rental and got the cleaner to do it. You no doubt know it can be a surprise what SORT of people leave it tidy and clean and what sort don't.

I've had sedate middle aged couple tell me they've left it spotless, laundered all linen, didn't get IN the beds blah blah. Then found used hankies shoved under pillows (oh and beds still need changing even if you only slept ON TOP of them - does make you wonder about some people's standards?) I don't know how it's possible to leave a place as you found it when you have to sleep in it the night before, pack up your stuff and get laundry washed and dried all on the last day. But they could at least make the effort out of just 'good manners'.

I've had -
Neatly folded crisp packets all in a row shoved under the edges of sofa.
Saucepan with Spag Bol and a fork inside put away with the clean ones.
Mattress Cover missing from bed and found stained but put away with the other clean linen (requiring everything to be washed)
Towels put away damp.
Greasy salted peanuts down the sides of sofa and chair cushions (that one required all the seat covers to be cleaned).
KFC boxes with leftover food put into bin without a liner (can you imagine what THAT one would have turned into if I hadn't checked EVERYWHERE as soon as they left? With the heat here?)
And no one ever cleans the oven!
I could go on. So no I don't assume ANYONE will leave it clean enough to please me and for incoming visitors.

In fact I don't miss doing the 'holiday lets' at all. In fact I've left the smaller flat empty for now after Danny moved out and the following fiasco with his older brother (spit) taking a break from it.

Madmare it is always a pleasure to hear from you. I will never forget the joy and excitement shining through your posts when you were waiting to move to where you are now! You've had some bad stuff hit you since then but always seem to focus on the GOOD things. Like me you obviously still enjoy the company of your daughter and miss her all the time. I still do and she hasn't lived with me full time for over 6yrs now! I'm already getting excited about seeing her in July. It's her birthday tomorrow and she's had an open birthday party weekend at hers. Has been texting me about it all as it went along - with photos of pressies and her cake (still a caterpillar cake same as she's been having since 5yrs old!)

Some holidaymakers have arrived here early for Easter. I can hear the kids in the pool of the development next to mine and ....

someone is playing the happy birthday tune on either a comb and paper or blowing across the top of a beer bottle lol! Brits of course - sounds like Geordies! Bella is accompanying them with her barking rendition of it! Lordy.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2014, 07:54 AM
Morning all.
First off Good Luck to Emma this morning. Not that she'll see this yet though
Enjoy your trip to see Mark & Tracey LYNN ( I've got a daughter & SIL the same names ) I bet she will live the Tassimo. I keep looking at them but I've no room & it's only me that likes proper coffee so I just use a caffietere.
What a shame your guests left the van in a tip HELENA. You will have to put them off if they want to book again next year. It's not as if you won't be able to fill the bookings without them. Hope Dave enjoys his new car.
Lovely to hear that you are enjoying Charly & Ash's visit BEV.
It's still a bit overcast here yet but I'm hoping it will cheer up later. Nothing planned again.
OH managed to get hold of his son last night & asked him why he had to find out about his daughters cancer via FB. He said it was her wish that he didn't get told. Even her mother had said he had a right to know. Apparently when she had it two years ago she told nobody. She's been told it's now terminal though.
Sorry that's a bit " grim" for so early in the morning.
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »