Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
If a dog killed my dog I would have no compassion for it if a dog killed my child I would have no compassion for said dog....regardless of why it killed.

I would not be interested in the whys , if it killed my dog/ child, I would want it euthanised.
Guess we are on different pages then after all.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-03-2014, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dogloverlou View Post
And you're entitled to feel how you want. As am I regarding the whole incident. I do feel sympathy for the dogs also.

Without knowing all the ins and outs, that's all I can say really.
Have you ever been pregnant? Carried a HUMAN baby. Delivered it. And then feel sympathy for a dog that killed that newborn baby?

If a dog killed my dog I would have no compassion for it if a dog killed my child I would have no compassion for said dog....regardless of why it killed.

I would not be interested in the whys , if it killed my dog/ child, I would want it euthanised.
And if my dog ever killed a child I would kill my dog myself.

Too right you are, when you consider that dogs should be permitted to kill a newborn HUMAN baby? And not be humanely euthanised?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-03-2014, 04:48 PM
It seems that why...I value a human baby over a dog that killed it...
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I don't think it is so much a case of valuing a dogs life over and above that of a child but both of those dogs 'could' have gone to live long and happy lives in child free environments rather than being put to sleep. Insisting on them being pts smacks of revenge when actually their behaviour could be managed.

However finding them a home would be downright impossible with that in their history so ultimately being pts was probably best for them instead of years in kennels waiting for a home that may never come.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2014, 04:54 PM
Double post, stupid Internet.
Dogloverlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Have you ever been pregnant? Carried a HUMAN baby. Delivered it. And then feel sympathy for a dog that killed that newborn baby?

Too right you are, when you consider that dogs should be permitted to kill a newborn HUMAN baby? And not be humanely euthanised?
Have YOU carried a baby and then had it killed by a dog??

Again, I'm not sure what on earth people are reading into here, but I have NEVER FOR ONE MINUTE stated I don't value the life of a baby. To say I "permit" the dogs to kill a baby is ludicrous. I'm really not understanding the jumping to conclusions here, but it certainly makes it an unpleasant and personal forum to be apart of.

I can feel sympathy for the dogs too. That is how MY feelings work. You are obviously allowed to state over and over again how you feel and what you would do, so am I!

I've said my piece, there is nothing left to say because it's obvious some pretty incredible assumptions are being made. Despite the fact I've actually said very little in regards to the incident to start with!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

13-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
I don't think it is so much a case of valuing a dogs life over and above that of a child but both of those dogs 'could' have gone to live long and happy lives in child free environments rather than being put to sleep. Insisting on them being pts smacks of revenge when actually their behaviour could be managed.

However finding them a home would be downright impossible with that in their history so ultimately being pts was probably best for them instead of years in kennels waiting for a home that may never come.
That is of cause if anyone would be prepared to take them on...I don't think you would have people queuing up to give them a home, so what is the alternative live their life in kennels.....there are far worse things than death for a dog ..and living caged up for the rest of their lives is one of them.

Human nature being as it it, many people will forgive a dog anything and try to rehabilitate , but when you are faced with a dog that has mauled and killed. 6 day old baby... the homes will be few and far between.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2014, 05:12 PM
That is of cause if anyone would be prepared to take them on...I don't think you would have people queuing up to give them a home, so what is the alternative live their life in kennels.....there are far worse things than death for a dog ..and living caged up for the rest of their lives is one of them.

Human nature being as it it, many people will forgive a dog anything and try to rehabilitate , but when you are faced with a dog that has mauled and killed. 6 day old baby... the homes will be few and far between.
Think you'll find I said virtually the same thing in the bottom of the post you quoted.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Well said and, heaven forbid, who is to say it could never happen again? They don't put a 24hr guard on rehomed dogs. And sometimes rehomed dogs get passed on again and again if they prove difficult.

The bigger dog wasn't from a 'rescue' he got it down the pub. Most people who take on dogs in Cyprus find them wandering the streets. And some of those get passed along over and over or end up back on the streets.

Dog that attacked my son when he was 5 had already attacked another little 5 yr old and the case was waiting to come to court. He bit the other boys leg from behind.

He bit my boy's FACE. He still bears the scars by his eye to this day 30+ yrs on. If it had been put down after biting the first child there'd have been no chance of it attacking my child.

Plenty of dogs needing homes in this world. Far too many. Why go to so much time and trouble to even try rehabilitating one that has killed? When there are so many still waiting for good homes and who do not have that in their track record?

I remember when a little 4 yr old girl drowned by falling in the river off her grandparents narrowboat near our mooring at Byfleet Boat club. She was wearing a lifejacket but surfaced under a wooden pontoon so she could not come up for air (and couldn't be seen) and was dead when they found her.

I could not even go down there and look at that staging without seeing that in my mind. We had to get another mooring much further up the river as it upset me so much.

So I know damn well, I couldn't even bear to look at a dog that I knew had killed a baby by all accounts by biting the baby's head off or eating the baby's head without having that visual in my mind like some awful graphic from a horror film.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tang View Post
Well said and, heaven forbid, who is to say it could never happen again? They don't put a 24hr guard on rehomed dogs. And sometimes rehomed dogs get passed on again and again if they prove difficult.
Again please read the bottom of my post quoted by Jackie. I stated why I felt it more suitable for these dogs to be pts I was just trying to see things from a different angle.
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »