View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Those who saw the programme did Mugford know the dog was used for fighting?
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Yes, I believe so. He knew it had been imported from a famous 'fighting' kennel in Finlandn and that it's paperwork had been faked to get it into Ireland.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Those who saw the programme did Mugford know the dog was used for fighting?

Yes anne unfortunatley he knew
juliekelham
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by snoops View Post
i still have respect for the guy, after all he's only doing his best for dogs he believes not to be dangerous, it's the law dats flawed
well said
the work he has done in this country against the DDA has been fantastic.hes given up a lot of his time to go to court and defend innocent pets just becouse of the way they looked.
i didnt seethat program so really cant comment on it, but look back into the nintys period when there was two or three dda cases in court every month [most innocent pets] it was people like rodger mugford,trevor turner[vet],ann from justice for dogs,julliette and john glass that all gave up there time to help these poor dogs and owners.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by juliekelham View Post
well said
the work he has done in this country against the DDA has been fantastic.hes given up a lot of his time to go to court and defend innocent pets just becouse of the way they looked.
I hadn't heard of him before; but if he has done such good work in the past it's a shame he's now willing to lie and say that dogs that are pitbulls are not; it discredits any of his positive work and puts doubt into the minds of the people making the decisions for the future of such animals whose breed is in question.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Yes anne unfortunatley he knew

I can completely understand his frustration with the DDA and have known him to get off family pet Pit bulls classing them as Staffy crosses. But to get a dog off that he knew was a fighting pit!! I can't believe it, I'm absolutely disgusted, it can only mean he supports pit fighting himself - surely not??
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post

I can completely understand his frustration with the DDA and have known him to get off family pet Pit bulls classing them as Staffy crosses. But to get a dog off that he knew was a fighting pit!! I can't believe it, I'm absolutely disgusted, it can only mean he supports pit fighting himself - surely not??
That's what disgusted me too. This dog was from a well known fighting kennel and if it had been a genuine case where he had been asked to go to court and testify that, in his professional opinion, it was not a APBT, he was supporting that dog being released to be used for fighting. IMO, there are worse things than being PTS and life as a fighting dog is one of them

If he has helped get family pets saved, then fair play to him but what becomes of those APBTs that 'get off' on the strength of his 'expertise' but aren't necessarily kept as loving family pets? I dread to think...
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by ShaynLola View Post
IMO, there are worse things than being PTS and life as a fighting dog is one of them
Absolutely agree

I'm honestly shocked and horrified. Does anyone know if the programme will be shown over here, or if there's a repeat on setanta?
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Sorry, I don't know if there are plans to repeat it but I will keep an eye out on the local station and if it is, I'll be sure to record it.

Or you could contact the TV station to see if they could perhaps provide you with a copy. It was a programme of the 'Insight' series, shown on UTV on 19/11/07 at 8pm. Contact details here: http://u.tv/contactus.asp
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Many thanks ShaynLola :smt001
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »