Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2011, 06:24 AM

My Son wants a Snake!

My Son who is 18 wants a snake. I am a bit worried because I know nothing about them and have to admit the thought of having one in the house scares me!

Does anyone on here keep snakes? What are they like as Pets? Are they easy to look after?

Ugh give me a Labrador any day!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 07:21 AM
My son (who's 11) has a corn snake. He got her last year when she was two years old, she's around 3ft long and has been well handled. He handles her most days except when she has been fed. She eats one large mouse (dead of course) every week and he doesn't handle her for 48 hours afterwards. So long as they are handled and kept warm they are easy pets. Rehomes are easy to get hold of and you can often buy the viv included. We paid £100 for the whole set up and snake.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-03-2011, 09:53 AM
An 11 year old I can just about understand, but at 18 shouldn't he be finding out about an even more exotic species, you know those alluring creatures with long hair and bumps in all the right places