Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 08:01 PM

Bargain!

Some of you have seen my little scooter lent to me very kindly by my mother. Well in the end i couldn't use it after a while as it was too small and ended up being very uncomfortable.Well I have been on the lookout for a bigger scooter, One that will enable me to take Ossie on longer walks and over rougher ground. So here it is, my new Ossie walking machine.

and i have even started pimping it up a bit

It was an absolute bargain,retailing in the shops at £1750 this one is secondhand and the bloke had it up for £490 and after a while i got him right down to £250 and i have now had it two weeks and it runs like a dream, Ossie and I have been miles on it.For example yesterday we had a return trip of ten miles.It has also enabled me to take him back into the woods which i have really missed.The scooter is capable of a 25 mile range on a full charge.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Thats a great bargain you had there. It must be lovely for you to be able to go that far now. Glad you have your name on it as your children might want to sneak it from you and have a ball.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
That's a bargain alright, and well done you for haggling them down. We have a lot of those being sold here as it's a retirement town and it annoys me how the dealers get them off of families who have lost someone, or who is unable to use it anymore, for next to nothing and then mark it up bigtime!

One of my clients best mates has one of those and he had a car license plate made up with his name on for the back of it. My client has one too, and they go whizzing off up the road together little Butch cassidy and the Sundance Kid!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:38 PM
What a bargain. It must be lovely to take Ossie out on long walks again
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Nice scooter, but no speeding.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Nice work Stamford I can't resist a bargain. We're all hanging out for the next set of photos, after you add fluffy dice and neon lights underneath

Seriously though, make the most of the added mobility - for your enjoyment as well as Ossie's
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys.Its definately the best thing to happen to me for a while now.It has returned my sense of freedom which until you lose it,you just don't realise how precious that is.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 09:09 PM
Well done you for getting the price down so much, what a great find!

I know what you mean about losing your freedom, when I broke my kneecap in February I was unable to go anywhere for a good 2 months, I couldn't even get out of bed, or out of the back door on my own. It felt so good to finally be able to get out and about again!

You must be so pleased that you can take Ossie out again and to go to the woods aswell must be a real pleasure!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
It looks very smart Steve You look chuffed to bits with it in the photo's (and so do the kids )
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Fantastic Steve - and what a bargain! I do love a bargain, you know

I reckon a 25 mile round trip "jaunt" would suit Ossie down to the ground. Is there room in the scooter for a flask and a few sarnies?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >