View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
guesty
New Member!
Male 

12-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Our miniature pinscher pup is called Jerry because he is a german breed. His pedigree name will either be Jerry schweinhund or Jerry gelber kragen. Gelber kragen is german for yellow collar(I think) due to him wearing a yellow paper collar when he was with his litter. Though he would suit the name hoover better!
Bellasmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2010, 11:12 PM
My cockapoo was going to be called a number of different names before we met but the moment I saw her, she was 'Bella'. She is beautiful and no other particular reason for choosing it jumps to mind

It suits her and it's easy to call and more importantly, she knows that's her name
Linzilou
New Member!
Female 

15-02-2010, 01:07 PM
My golden retriever is Baloo, he looked like a golden bear cub hence the Jungle Book name. My daughters cocker spaniel is Oola - the flirty little girl and my other daughter has a rescue cocker named Lolli - licky lolli the alien for short!
loraine
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2010, 12:10 PM
my ab is called 'PRINCE' because thats what he is, my female is called 'STORM' because she's like a storm in a teacup!
whitbywoof
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Jodie was called Jodie when I adopted her aged three. Her name was the only thing she had, it didn't seem fair to take that away from her.

Kryssy is short for Ourgirl Krystyna - Kryssy's UK racing name, although when she raced in Ireland she was known as Confident Glenda.

Gilmour was originally called Jaz. We didn't like the name as it didn't seem to suit him (at the time we didn't know it was short for his racing name of Sparkys Vorjaz). When we first met 'Jaz', he seemed like a big, dignified dog, so we wanted a big, dignified name for him and tried to think of big, dignified people - and we settled on Gilmour, as in David Gilmour of Pink Floyd fame. Little did we know that big, dignified Gilmour would turn into an overgrown puppy three days after he moved in!

We have since met a greyhound called David. We just can't resist introducing the dogs David & Gilmour, just to see how many people 'get it'. Disappointingly few in fact - it must be an age thing!
Luckypirate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Jet is so called because he's black...how imaginitive of the 10 year old me =/ I ahve since met two other black labs called Jet xD
I wish I'd called him Sirius now (from Harry Potter), if I ever get another black dog, that'll have to be the name for him.
spaznchevy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2010, 06:32 AM
I named my min pin Spaz cuz when she was a pup and when she got older she was really hyper spastic....And i named my new min pin pup Chevy because thats my finacee's favourite type of truck and because a Chevy was the type of truck me and spazie took our last ride in
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 09:13 AM
I wanted to call our JRT Murdoch, like mad Murdoch from the A Team cos he's crazy mental, but OH preferred Bentley!
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2010, 09:48 AM
Mia.. is Italian for mine, as in belonging to me.. as she was the first expensive thing i`ve ever bought just for me.

Freya was a Nordic goddess of love and relationships.. she was also a feisty warrior.. so that part definitely fits.

Noah.. because i love biblical names and would have loved another son so i could have called him Noah.
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2010, 10:03 AM
When searching the rescues i kept calling all the dogs Bruce.
When we finally chose one we couldnt think of a name but i was still calling him bruce it ended up sticking. My sister calls him samson
Page 25 of 46 « First < 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 > Last »