Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Oh wow.....

Well if it had been in a litter of mine, she probablely would have been pts, but she seems to be doing great, doesnt she!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Good on them for giving her a chance, she seems happy and healthy, what more can you ask for...
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 08:59 AM
i couldnt have had her pts unless she was in pain or really unhappy. this dog has never known any different she has always had 2 legs so she is used to it. I am not sure about using her in films but i suppose thats on her owners consience not mine. my cat had cancer and had to have a front leg off and a lot of people told me i should have had him pts but 4 years later here he is currently giving max a smack round the chops for daring to try and lick him! he is a perfectly happy cat and def shouldnt have been pts.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 09:30 AM
she does look sweet and manages well, but as a lot of others have said, if she had been a puppy in a litter of mine, i too would have put her to sleep, but saying that she wasnt and now she is happy

Emma
xxxxx
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2004, 09:33 AM
I would have had her put down at birth. I cannot see how she can possibly have a long, healthy, happy life, which is what we all, surely, look to provide for our companions. The long & short-term consequences of a dog using only it's rear legs for locomotion are unthinkable. It would be interesting to have news of her in 5 years time.

The poor,poor, thing - and now being used as a money-spinner.
kirstyc
Dogsey Junior

11-09-2004, 11:19 AM
I believe animals that should be born with four legs, should have just that. If it were a case of her losing her front/back legs due to an accident later in life then fair enough, but I would have had her pts at birth. We know dogs and cats can manage perfectly well with 3 and I have seen dogs with two (with little carts) but they had lost the use of their back legs later in life. I haven't seen the clip so I don't know if she has only the front or back legs. I hope she has her front legs still. A lot aslo depends on the size of the dog (i think) as to how well they cope. Good on them for giving her a chance.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 12:38 PM
I too would have it PTS at birth
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 01:42 PM
If she has a loving owner to care for her, than good! As for her being in movies; maybe this is a good lesson that a dog like that can lead a productive life, and what better way to rally compassion for animals with defects than showing them in a positive light on tv. This could really help out other dogs that have genetic defects in finding a loving home to be taken care of in.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2004, 02:17 PM
shes a lovely dog but it will put a big strain on the back legs. She looks healthy and happy but i dont think she will live to a ripe old age.

Traci
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2004, 02:50 PM
Was this girl really in the 3rd Harry Potter movie? Isn't this film a bit older now? I'm confused! =)

I don't really know what I think about this situation. I'm probably with the others, if she had been in my litter of pups and was born like this, she would have probably been put down. It would have made me sadder than sad, but you can never tell with a young puppy whether it would be worth it or not to let it live on or let it lay in peace.

But, what is done is done. She's alive and well now and I think that is great. As long as she is well cared for and has plenty of love, of course. I do hope that her owners take loving pride in her, not greedy pride. Shame on them if they use her to gain money in their pockets, but otherwise, cheers!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >