Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Whoops

Amie needed a clip today so I got the Clippers out and got to work did her legs and body fine leaving her head till last, anyway before I started on her head I stopped so she could have a break and me a Tea

Picked Clippers up and from front to back clipped her head (the clippers did not have a comb on) and have shaved a strip right down the middle of her Head:shock....Poor thing Looked so bad, but I nearly wet myself laughing have spent all day trying to make it look better and thank goodness it doesn't look to bad, as long as you don't look to closely

And also now my Back is aching like mad

Thank God she is not a show Dog

Have NO Idea why I done this have never ever used the clippers on her head before

My excuse is its my Birthday and Im getting Old(3? Or mybe Im just plain stupid
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Do you do walk-ins or should I book
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Do you do walk-ins or should I book
I'm not cheap its very Hard to get the looks I achieve
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Can't we see a piccy then please????

Lol! I bet you laughed when you saw what you'd done to her head!!!

If you think you're knackered you want to try clipping a horse!!!! Now that IS knackering! A dog's a piece of cake compared to a horse!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:38 PM
poor dog, as you say, good job you are not showing.

You are not alone in doing this though (so I at least don't think you're stupid).... I once did it to my OH. Was supposed to be giving him a no. 2, but for some reason just picked up the clippers as they were (i.e. no comb at all) and like you went straight across his head, left to right.

Immediately slapped my hand over it (as if I could hide that! ).. but like you I was in stitches. I had to do the whole lot that length as he didn't want to start a 'reverse mohican' style trend. Luckily his job wasn't one where appearance mattered and he saw the funny side of it.

OH wore a hat for a few days until it had grown to no. 1 length - perhaps you will have to find some suitable headgear for her.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Im far too too show pictures and would not want to show her up anymore, than I already have

Amie is no bigger than a Rat...well maybe just a bit bigger(5kg) but I got a carrier bag of Hair off her

I used to Help Clip my old Horse and friends horses, but we wont go into that
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
poor dog, as you say, good job you are not showing.

You are not alone in doing this though (so I at least don't think you're stupid).... I once did it to my OH. Was supposed to be giving him a no. 2, but for some reason just picked up the clippers as they were (i.e. no comb at all) and like you went straight across his head, left to right.

Immediately slapped my hand over it (as if I could hide that! ).. but like you I was in stitches. I had to do the whole lot that length as he didn't want to start a 'reverse mohican' style trend. Luckily his job wasn't one where appearance mattered and he saw the funny side of it.

OH wore a hat for a few days until it had grown to no. 1 length - perhaps you will have to find some suitable headgear for her.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your birthday
HAHAHA

Reminds me I have done this also to My OH and My Dad(but that's was his fault for moving )

I have been clipping Amie for 9 years had have always made her look OK but she looks rough at the moment Have just noticed one of her feet has not been finished so it looks massive compared to the rest of her feet Maybe I will start paying a professional
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I am beginning to get the impression that you are not altogether to be trusted with those clippers
.....hopefully you were never planning to make a career of it
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I am beginning to get the impression that you are not altogether to be trusted with those clippers
.....hopefully you were never planning to make a career of it

The thing is I have always used OH hair Clippersand been OK,but last year I spent £100 on good ones, as her Hair is so Long and think and the others could not cope but I'm just not as yet used to how gd they are

Off to Practice with the Leonbergers
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Off to Practice with the Leonbergers [/QUOTE]

Perhaps you can take some off one of them and make a wee wig for Amie?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >