Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 08:02 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Sunday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

Lynn, pleased to read you had a great day yesterday with Gill, although tiring, and I wouldn't envy you a 2 hour drive in the dark on your own, but glad you got home safely to enjoy a glass of wine with Gordon.

Jenny, can't wait to hear how the big wedding went, you'll be worn out too today.

Pat, I know you'll be lying in this morning after soaking in the bath at 4 am lol that did make me larf

Hope everyone is ok and enjoying a nice lie in this morning, we had one too, although 7.30 is our absolute limit for Dave.

We decided to go out last night and grab a take away from the Indian we might have booked for Christmas Day. When I say *might* I'm so glad I didn't book it cos it was the worst Indian I've ever had in me life. I couldn't eat it. It was very pale, verging on the sandy pink, the chicken was like cardboard, even the bahjis were a strange pale, pinky colour the pailau rice looked like it had grated carrot in it, it was tasteless as well as looking disgusting! Although it was supposed to be a madras, it was disguised as a korma. I've now booked the local pub for our Christmas day lunch.

Got visitors at 11 am, but Zena is so good now, I don't have to worry, she'll be fine once I sit her in front of that gate and tell her to go and get her ball. It's taken a while, but now it's working a treat.

Talking of Zena, she was sick in the kitchen when I went to bed, a great big pile of it with lots of water, so I know she gulped too much water and up it all came. Trouble is, she aspirates, and that's what alerted me to it, so as my vet told me, I had to shove something under her nose, even chocolate he said, anything to get those muscles relaxed again. She ate cheese, still aspirating, so I rubbed her throat downwards, and she seemed fine. I then gave her a few kibbles and all was well for the night phew! She does scare me this dog.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, especially you Jen, as I'm sure everyone is descending on your for a big slap up lunch again today, and happy birthday to your grand daughter.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 08:09 AM
Morning and Goodnight.....I am shattered hard night.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Morning all.
Poor Zena, sick again (TMI!) Hope she is ok again today.
Good night Kazz sleep tight!
Hope everyone has a good day and that Jenny's head is alright
Be back later!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Morning Helena. Nice lie-in here too.
Thank goodness you tired before buying with the Indian.
Poor Zena and a worry. Dillon was sick on his bed Friday morning Gills Maisie was sick yesterday and then Zena.
We have to sort Gordens tyre out today I was meant to be taking his car yesterday cheaper to run and the tyre was flat so I had to take my big beast instead so we are off to a tyre place this morning to get it repaired or replaced.
We have both got coughs and colds now too. Typical nearly Christmas.
Morning and goodnight Kazz.
Jenny I hope you enjoyed the wedding and Rucksack left his tail alone.
Jenny 1 good luck with lunch today and happy birthday to your Granddaughter.
Malka I hope you and Pereg have had a restful night.
Everyone else have a good day.

Gorden has just asked would I like breakfast out. Don't need asking twice.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning Helena, Kazz, Lynn and all who follow or sneak in while I'm posting

A really good afternoon and evening but we are absolutely shattered. I'll down load a few photos later and put them up. Dogs were fine when we got back but apparently both had refused to go down the steps in to the garden for my brother on the three occasions he tried to get them to have a wee. He even tried putting leads on them but as soon as they were on the grass they were straining to come back in I assume they didn't want to miss me coming home They were fine though and sooooo pleased to see us when we got back around 1.

I'll have to catch up later once my brother has gone so it could well be this afternoon ...... but I will be back
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-12-2013, 08:46 AM

Sorry to hear that first Dillon, then Maisie, and then Zena were all sick yesterday and hope they are all OK now. It must be a worry for you Helena with Zena aspirating when she vomits.

A bad night with Da Booga but at least she waited until she was on the floor before she lost bladder control so I do not have to wash all the bedding again today, but as it was not even an hour after I finally got to bed I did not get much sleep as I had to get up with her until she calmed down and would settle, and then she wanted to go out every hour or so. Now she refuses to go out as it is bucketing down, and if one more person says to me "oh but we need the rain" I will scream. Sure we need the rain but I do not need mudslides and mud avalanches ever encroaching on my front door, and wall to wall liquid mud when Da Booga finally goes out and comes back in.

Anyhow, having spoken with Ram about her medication I now have to go and fill her weekly pill box starting from tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day and that all poorlies get better pdq.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Morning all,
Tried to have a lie in but was wide awake at just after 7am,cooking a nice roast lamb dinner today and doing normal chores and hopefully a lazy afternoon on the sofa,before the routine starts again tomorrow.

Lizzie has brought me a nice pile of laundry back after her weekend at her boss's house,they went out Friday night for there christmas meal and had a good time

Have a good sunday all xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Good morning everyone,

Not a bad morning here. Legs are not too bad today, thankfully.

Ooh Lynn breakfast out how lovely.

Jenny glad the dogs were good for your brother well apart from not going that is and you enjoyed your night out.

Malka, sorry Pereg had another GM but thankfully off the bed.

Helena, sorry Zena had another sick turn. Hope she is ok now.

Have a good day everyone, God bless.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2013, 09:52 AM
Morning all,

Helena, hope Zena is okay for the rest of the day. Poor soul.

Malka, I'm so sorry, poor Pereg and you. Was hoping her fits would spread out more.

I'm having breakfast in bed, Brian made it for me I also got a purple hoody that has a Minion on it, it's brilliant! I love it.

Going to get up and tidy up the living room in preparation for our Christmas decs going up. Davie has been nagging me silly about it

Looking forward to a nice day of getting this place sorted.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
We decided to go out last night and grab a take away from the Indian we might have booked for Christmas Day. When I say *might* I'm so glad I didn't book it cos it was the worst Indian I've ever had in me life. I couldn't eat it. It was very pale, verging on the sandy pink, the chicken was like cardboard, even the bahjis were a strange pale, pinky colour the pailau rice looked like it had grated carrot in it, it was tasteless as well as looking disgusting! Although it was supposed to be a madras, it was disguised as a korma.
And that's all without ever seeing what the kitchen looked like
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »