View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 06:48 AM

Good morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning all. Bit chilly out there at the moment I am hoping it will be another nice day like yesterday later.
Dillon awake at six this morning and seeming a little unsettled today not to bad but something is getting up his nostrils.

Had a quick browse through last nights sheenanigans with the magic bottle and a straw or two. Sounds like you were all in good spirits in more ways than one. I hope we have no sore heads this morning.
We were absolutley worn out by 8.30 last night after all the past troubles of last week and the fact Gorden now has a course to write an application to fill in and sort things here ready for Nigeria Tuesday and possibly Kazakhstan next weekend so we toddled off up to bed at 8.30 and didn't even watch Casualty.
Dillon is now at the bottom of the strairs making silly nosies trying to wake him up.

Nothing particularly exciting going on here today just lots of loose ends to tie up and lists to make for jobs for
Gorden to do tomorrow when accountants and banks are open.

Bev I hope you are feeling a little better today.
June glad to be reading Cariad is doing well after her spey and still have my fingers crossed Sasha's people get in touch.
Sally I hope Jimmi's paws are feeling better today such a shame they are sore again now we have no snow and he could have some decent walks.
To all poorly doggies and humans today wishing you well soon.

Have a nice Sunday all and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Morning Lynn.

Although I read the daily have to admit I don't really keep up......however got the gist of Gordons working and hope it all works out well for you both.

I am awake and just getting ready to take Sal out - she is good no more bleeds or anything and enjoying life. Then my plan is to get the papers, eat a couple of crumpets with marmite, cup of coffee and then action.

My plans are DIY - to build up a kitchen tall larder unit today so fingers crossed. Also to reposition a coulple of wall units and remove one to another area and replace the other. Change a couple of the doors round - I will have to remove, cut down and then replace the worktop.Then fit new plinths and plinth seals and I am done.

So drills, jigsaws and tools will be used - I am becoming a dab hand and so much more rewarding than paying someone, I may take a little longer but I will do it. And safer than Dad doing it now. But he is a good mentor although we argue like crazy.......

So off I go..........have a great day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Morning Lynn.

Although I read the daily have to admit I don't really keep up......however got the gist of Gordons working and hope it all works out well for you both.

I am awake and just getting ready to take Sal out - she is good no more bleeds or anything and enjoying life. Then my plan is to get the papers, eat a couple of crumpets with marmite, cup of coffee and then action.

My plans are DIY - to build up a kitchen tall larder unit today so fingers crossed. Also to reposition a coulple of wall units and remove one to another area and replace the other. Change a couple of the doors round - I will have to remove, cut down and then replace the worktop.Then fit new plinths and plinth seals and I am done.

So drills, jigsaws and tools will be used - I am becoming a dab hand and so much more rewarding than paying someone, I may take a little longer but I will do it. And safer than Dad doing it now. But he is a good mentor although we argue like crazy.......

So off I go..........have a great day all.
Morning good to see you and pleased to read Sal is doing well.
Sounds like you have a very busy day ahead and a rewarding one.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Lynn, Kazz and everyone

Seems like you've got it all sewn up now then Lynn, ready for the off on Tuesday, maybe you should pack 2 suitcases so he'll have the next one ready to set off again next week-end! He's becoming one of those international jet set travellers isn't it!

You sound busy Kaz, be careful with those man tools especially if there are wires hanging about. Over the years I've acquired quite a skill too in the use of drills and screwdrivers, but then I always thought I should have been a man!

Bev, enjoy your greyhound walk and hope you feel just a little bit better today. Sally hope Jimmi's paws are on the mend today along with your back, or is it you with the bad back Jenny? Can't remember anybody else, so apologies for who I've missed but had a busy day yesterday.

I too have been catching up on last night frolics, brought back some memories for me with those cubs and guides. As a girl guide, I remember being dumped up at Devil's Dyke one afternoon with another girl and we had to follow this map to a meet up point somewhere over the South Downs. That was all well and good, until this thick fog descended on us, and we couldn't even see the field we were in let alone where we had to go, we got soooooo scared, feeling our way along barbed wire fences and finally we heard a road so thought the best option was to aim for that, didn't matter which road it was! Oh Lordy, 'elf and safety has got nothing on what we used to get up to has it!

Anyway, beautiful day down south, even the birds are singing their little heads off and we'll be heading down the beach again soon.

I bought lots of grass feed and seed yesterday, so I'll be chucking that all about over the front and rear today in the hope that it'll all lush up ready for spring, cos it's just around the corner don'tchaknow

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-02-2013, 07:41 AM
Morning Helena Gorden's new name is Phileas Fogg. (Around the world in 80 days).

Sounds like you have a lovely day planned enjoy.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I am feeling much better today thank you. I always find that first week anniversary the hardest and the fact it had all come as such a shock on the day it happenned, yesterday morning it really hit home.

This morning we are off to Alton water for a greyhound walk. Last week at Ipswich we had 58 other greyhounds and I expect there will be more today as Alton water is a favourite its so beautiful there. I know my friend Becky is bringing David the famous greyhound to it so that will attract a lot of new greyhound owners to see him in the flesh .

Charly and Ash are off to Devon this morning. They are going down there for the week, so there will just be me and Lily here this week. It will seem very quiet without them as they are always playing practical jokes on each other and they fill the house with laughter.
I said to Charly the other day she is very lucky to have a boyfriend that owns his own place down there so they can go when they want to. Many people save hard all year for a weeks holiday there.

Lynn you must have both been tired to go to bed before casulty , but now I come to think of it, I was watching it but can't remeber the last half of it so must have dozed off on the sofa , still I record it to in case of such eventualities .

Very Frosty this morning but the sun is shining so hopefully that won't last long.

Have a good day all and take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Good morning all.

I'd love a new kitchen. Put this one in when we moved in six and a half years ago and have never liked it. One of those that looked fantastic in the showroom, but not so good in my 'ickle kitchen. It will have to wait though until we get a pension coming in (and in my case, I'm beginning to doubt it ever will after having the age goalposts moved twice already).

We've had a frost down overnight so the back garden is crisp and white, but the sun is shining now and the sky is a lovely blue so I'm hoping we are in for a brilliant day.

Not sure yet whether we're going on the earlier walk or the later one, but, whichever, we'll enjoy it. We did two yesterday because the weather was so much milder. The later afternoon one was packed with people though. The nicer weather certainly brings the 'trippers' out of the woodwork. My ankle stood up really well, but I paid for it a little last night. Well worth it though .

A body was found in the water a couple of days ago around Gibralter Point and, although it's not confirmed yet, it looks like the missing dog walker has now been found. No details as to what happened, but I do hope he didn't suffer and his family can now start the process of finding a little peace. Such a sad and tragic thing to happen and a warning to all not to walk in desolate areas alone

Rosie is still sleeping longer (YAY), but guess who is tossing and turning from the crack of dawn. Bless her, she's trained me too well now in the early rising. I need to get my body-clock adjusted

Hope you all have a lovely day and that any plans go well. Have a good 'un all and above all, stay safe!!
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Morning Lynn Morning everyone
What is it with these dogs up at 6am to ,spring must be in the air
Glad things sorted for Gorden ,hope you have a stress free day
Kazz
I admire you able to do all that DIY I'm not safe let loose with a hammer
Helena
Enjoy your gardening chucking that seed around .
Quiet day here today might do our long walk
Change of plan as window not getting done till Tuesday now garage going to let me know how much going to cost for MOT was peeed off yesterday as id made plans for next week
Sorry if I've missed any one
Hope all poorly peeps and dogs feel better soon
Have a good day all stay safe xxxxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Morning all. Glorious sunny day here so far. I've been given some empty boxes by people who moved in opposite me so even less excuses now for not getting stuff packed up.

My first job today was to walk muttley. My next job is to don the cozzie and throw myself out there in that lovely sunshine with my Kindle!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Hi Morning all,god that sounded just like Dixon of Dock Green.
Sunday going shopping.I woke up thinking of the gang shows,and how much fun,you had all gone to bed so wrote a reply this morning keep up. When I was younger,very accident prone,also had embarressing moments,dare I ask what was yours,you have 15 seconds and this tape will self destruct .

My father was very victorian in his mindset little girls should be seen not heard,anyway I just craved to be fashionable,it was the swinging sixties,and I really wanted a psychdelic hipster skirt,so decided to make one,couldnt do all the fancy bits zip at front etc, just stitched two pieces of material,finished it off with a belt,and borrowed a pair of white boots,thought I was the bees knees,so decided to go to Baker St and walk down to meet dad he was working in London at the time.So got on the tube arrived at Baker Street,stepped out of the train,mylovely skirt got caught in the door one tug,and I was left with just my knickers and the belt,just didnt know what to do,in those days there used to be a place for the guard,so ran in there and there was a big west indian sitting there,I asked if he would help no response,so saw that he was reading a newspaper,grabbed it and flew up the stairs,my next problem was how I was going to tell dad,so I nipped into a phone box,got hold of dad,tried to explain I was half undressed,he was really angry,and told me to wait for him on the Marylebone Rd,how could i stand outside near a busy road,so stayed inthe phonebox for about half an hour,thenwent outside,it was nearly another 10 mins,well you can imagine,I was grounded until I was 21,Ihave never attempted dressmaking again crystalgirl
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »