Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Afternoon all
Moyra, sorry you aren't well
Harvey..i for one am glad that neanderthal man has gone...reckon he would have headed downward to the heat Lol
managed to walk the dogs, was doing o.k until i used my crutches, trying deparately not to keep taking pain killers and not the codeine if i can help it. Mum has my appointment tomorrow at the Drs, will see how i am a little later in the week and if no better will deffo get looked at, it is getting right on my nerves now Lol
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey..i for one am glad that neanderthal man has gone...reckon he would have headed downward to the heat Lol
You and me both as they say.

Sorry you're having probs yet still gave your appointment to your Mum, that says a lot about you

Just a quick note on Casey. From what I can see the new anti-inflamatory pills seem to be working, it's early days but he hasn't had a problem getting up over the weekend.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Oh Harvey, that is good news re Casey, hope he will soon be fit and well again. Also Lara, hope she is still improving.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
But, on the electrical forum, what irks me most is the incorrect use of technical units. Amperage instead of current. Kw instead of kW. Enough.
Yes I know what you mean. Many years ago we had some US made kit in our systems. While they did get the fact we are on 240 volt and fitted suitable transformers all the people I dealt with never really cottoned on to the fact we also have 50Hz supply (Not 60Hz) it does matter even if most times it works
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Yes I know what you mean. Many years ago we had some US made kit in our systems. While they did get the fact we are on 240 volt and fitted suitable transformers all the people I dealt with never really cottoned on to the fact we also have 50Hz supply (Not 60Hz) it does matter even if most times it works
A lot of electronic kit is frequency and voltage insensitive.A phone charger is an example.

But what I mostly dealt with was at the higher end of the higher end spectrum. Thousands of Volts and thousands of Amps. Getting the calcs wrong is a no no. Do them, repeat them, sweat buckets - high level stress. But we are wandering off topic. If there was one................
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Just a quick note on Casey. From what I can see the new anti-inflamatory pills seem to be working, it's early days but he hasn't had a problem getting up over the weekend.
Really pleased abuout that,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Really pleased about that,
Thanks Kazz BTW one of the reasons I asked about the 'talking books' was that many years ago I used to like listening to the BBC R4 'Book at Bedtime' when I was in bed, it was a way of winding down prior to sleep.

I don't often listen to BBC R4 now, so please do ask when you've done the interview if it will be on their web site, I'm sure you will pass with flying colours
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2