View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2005, 07:55 PM
We're just near Harrison Park. There are 4 bins which isn't too bad I guess However, there are 2 bin bags tied up for dog people to use too which are handy; albeit a little disgusting. I don't know who puts them there or collects them though. The park isn't too bad though.

There was an article in this weeks Herald and Post about prosecutions of people of people who don't pick it up... In the last year they've raised £11,000 in fines in Edinburgh apparently (~260 convictions)

Aileen x
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:00 PM
What really annoys me is that we all get blamed for not picking it up I always pick up after Abby, we use nappy sacks what is it £2 for 200 or something like that. When I see someone not pick it up I have top make a point of saying your dog has just messed over there pretending to be helpfull usual excuse is I dont have a bag lucky you I always have lots here you go and normally they are too embarrassed not to. Well sorry if I can do it so can everyone else.
Mary
Annie18
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Back on our favourite subject Helena! As you know, I'm like you - never go out with Oscar without having pockets bulging with bags ready for action!! Please everyone, let's not give the anti-dog brigade any ammunition.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:13 PM
grrrr it makes me mad when people dont pick up - and another thing that infuriates me is people who let their dogs poo in cemetaries and kids parks in particular !
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
grrrr it makes me mad when people dont pick up - and another thing that infuriates me is people who let their dogs poo in cemetaries and kids parks in particular !
There is a blind guy who must live near us who lets his dog 'go' right next to the kids play area every day... I don't know if that is right or wrong?

Aileen x
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:20 PM
My dogs are similar in they only foul on the grass never on a pavement or a surface like that, also similar in that most of the places where I walk my dogs (usually in the woods) I see no need to pick it up, in the woods there are NO bins and I walk for miles so it would not be practical also think how many other animals **** in the woods lol. HOWEVER, if I am just going for a walk around the block I always take a wee bag with me as I live right beside two football pitches and a high school and appreciate that kids are always larking around in the grass....and also how much it annoys me when I step in it. There are a severe lack of bins around here too.

One thing that is worse than dog crap in my area is the amount of broken glass. I have had two dogs laid up for weeks recently because of this and Kip has twice had her pads stapled
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
One thing that is worse than dog crap in my area is the amount of broken glass. I have had two dogs laid up for weeks recently because of this and Kip has twice had her pads stapled
Snap! Where does it all come from- even on the grass ????
abbymum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 09:08 PM
The brats where we live are too lazy to put their bottles in the bin its much more fun to break it and throw it into the grass,summer is the worst we have glass bags aswell as poo bags to try and keep on top of it.
Mary
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 09:55 PM
yep - we have the broken glass too - its just awful
Aileen interesting about the money raised by the council - shame they dont appear to be spending it on the parks though huh !!

They have little sections at Linlinthgow near the loch area and its actual special coredoned off zones where you can let your dog go and do his business and you dont pick it up - as its just one giant doggy loo - thats a great idea why cant they use the money to do that - as I also feel that all those plastic bags that i use are costing the environment as they are filling up the lanfdfills when they could just do that in the main parks and then they just put a treatment down on those sections which allow it to decompose

Dani
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2005, 09:59 PM
I was talking to the dog warden yesterday morning (we were watching for offenders!), and she told me a story about a guy the other week.
He was on one side of a river, and she was on the other.
His dog ran over to her side and poo'd.
Even though he couldn't technically get to the poo (without walking further down the river, going across a bridge, back up again, and having to search for the poo), it is still classed as offence, and she had to warn him. (She doesn't always gives fines out straight away).
But the guy ran away from her, so she got in her van, and drove in the direction he went.
She saw him come out of a house with a different cap and jacket on, and talked to him, and he said it wasn't him, he has 2 cats and isn't from around here, and he walked away.

She went back to the van to get her note pad, to write down his car registration (to find out who he was), and she got back to the house, and saw his dog in the window!
He then came out of the house again, wearing a different cap & coat, and denied it was him again! lol

To cut an already long story short! He ended up admitting it was him, and said he had walked back and picked the poo up (like he would ever find it!). She said head office decided not to fine, because it would have been too complicated! lol
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »