Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:24 PM

Barking Mad

Has anybody ever used the services of Barking Mad dog hosts, apparently they find someone to look after your dog while you are away on holiday etc. The dog lives in a home environment instead of kennels, all homes are vetted and they find a suitable host for your dog.
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:49 PM
I have not heard or people using barking mad hosts.

I have had friends that have used PetPals, which is very similar and they have been happy and would recomend them. If search may have website so can compare.

Min xxxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi Katiecoos, I personally have never used this service, but know of a retired couple who offer this service. They are good friends of my in-laws, they adore dogs and used to have them when they were younger, but as they now live in a flat they are unable to have one of their own.

I think it always best to go on recommendation where ever possible, and If we ever had the need we would certainly consider it x
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
I would go on recomendation.

Sometimes the local vets pet shops will hold details of people that offer this service that might be more competively priced as well.

Min xxx
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
sound interesting but never heared of it before
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Have been in touch with Barking Mad and they have no one in the area I live in. Have seen an advert posted at our local vets advertising a similar service. I gave them a ring and they seem very nice, but will check them out first. Have never done this before my daughter usually looks after Daisy when I go away, but she is having a family crisis at the moment and feel I have to sort something out for Daisy as I can`t wait until the last minute and find I cant get her booked in anywhere. I am tearing my hair out at the moment. I would rather her go into a private home than kennels. Thanks for your suggestions.
Carolee
New Member!
Female 

05-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Hi
Just to say I used Barking Mad in 2003 and found them to be very good.
From the initial registration covering every little detail about your dog, to collection and return home. I always worry when leaving my dogs but I felt very comfortable with Barking Mad. I live in the North West and our area of Barking Mad I would give 5 star rating. (Please note they are not cheap but, you have the satisfaction of knowing your pet is being well looked after in your absence.

Caz
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Carolee
Hi
Just to say I used Barking Mad in 2003 and found them to be very good.
From the initial registration covering every little detail about your dog, to collection and return home. I always worry when leaving my dogs but I felt very comfortable with Barking Mad. I live in the North West and our area of Barking Mad I would give 5 star rating. (Please note they are not cheap but, you have the satisfaction of knowing your pet is being well looked after in your absence.

Caz
Thanks Carolee for the information, they really do sound like a good set up and its a pity they have no one in my area. They are going to hold my name on their books, as they said some time in the future there may be someone in my area, but unfortunately it is now that I am in need of someone.
Phoenix
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-04-2006, 02:54 PM
I would prefer to use someone that was recommended to me than use a franchised business.
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi Carolee from your post im not clear if you actully got to meet your dogs carers ,i may have misunderstood but it said collection and return home ,so i took it you never saw where your dog was staying or who with
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >