register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2017, 07:47 PM
Forgot to say earlier, excellent news from Puppy Front, all 9 have clear eye tests, they went for them this afternoon. Both parents are clear eyed and its getting less of a worry as the majority of puppies are born with clear eyes and we are almost at the stage of getting rid of the recessive gene by only breeding from dogs that had a clear eye test at 6 weeks.
Taken 10 years to get to this stage, we were running at 25%, now its minimal if at all
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Lynn I think you and Gordon need some coucilling I know its laughed at or "poo pooed" but you both need a "safe" enviroment where you can actually talk......I think......as you describe it its like you are bogged down in minutia of day to day living.....whereas Gordon escapes to work....and a life away from the day to day problems....he appears to be living life as a single man. I recall your posts from years ago before you moved about the 8- 9 years ago , you were "bogged down" then with your Mom, I recall a sainsburys nectar card fiasco. And your sister was ill then undergoing Chemo.....and Ollie being a clown and Gordon going to Kazakhstan
what I am trying to say in a clumsy way is I think this is not a recent thing but a slow build up and as the saying goes "the straw that broke the camels back" I think you are aproaching that straw. If indeed you have already not got it.

You need Gordon to sit and listen but first you need to decide to talk. Maybe your life has changed or what you need from your life has changed. And those changes if aI recall correctly have been none of your making or choice things happen to you not because of you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Forgot to say earlier, excellent news from Puppy Front, all 9 have clear eye tests, they went for them this afternoon. Both parents are clear eyed and its getting less of a worry as the majority of puppies are born with clear eyes and we are almost at the stage of getting rid of the recessive gene by only breeding from dogs that had a clear eye test at 6 weeks.
Taken 10 years to get to this stage, we were running at 25%, now its minimal if at all
Thats brilliant news and read about the person wanting to swop for a mountain bike. Interesting....will not comment as a cousin of mine actually swopped his beloved motorbike for a dog and never had a dog had a better life.......he wet everywhere as my cousin had just taken his hgv licence and the dog travelled everywhere with him for the next 11 years.

Are you considering taking one on so Zen has a trainee wood muncher

Just read the post about the "nutty" neighbour and have to say I would contact the police neighbourhood officer ask them round for a chat - make them aware,
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Brilliant news June.
A lot of what you are saying Kazz is true.
In a lot of ways I resent his getting away for the week. He knows this as I do tell him but until he can find work this way unfortunately it will stay that way.
Gosh what a memory the nectar card fiasco was the tip of the iceberg of what was to come.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Brilliant news June.
A lot of what you are saying Kazz is true.
In a lot of ways I resent his getting away for the week. He knows this as I do tell him but until he can find work this way unfortunately it will stay that way.
Gosh what a memory the nectar card fiasco was the tip of the iceberg of what was to come.
It was approx the same time as my Uncle hwe discovered had been turning the fridge freezer off because message were coming through.....also tip of an iceberg of things to come.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Having a chat with my friend to congratulate her on the result, and she came up with an amazing statistic, she has eye tested 44 puppies in total and has a 100% clear rate. I have tested 51, including 3 that were brought in, Cariad, Lona and Cruz, and have 5 fails. I know of no one else with the 100% result, she was saying the eye vet was very impressed and said how lovely it was that we were so vigilant on the health testing front.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I know of no one else with the 100% result, she was saying the eye vet was very impressed and said how lovely it was that we were so vigilant on the health testing front.
Well done to you and your freind, in years to come when the history of the breed is written and it is recognised by the upper echelons of the dog world I'm sure you'll both be mentioned

Regarding 'numbnuts' behind your place, please please do contact the Police (or at least a PCSO) so that something is written down and if he does become violent there will be a record. It's sad but these days evrything has to have a documented record or the courts will through it out.

One day (before I die) I might get to meet a judge or magistrate and when I do he or she is going to get such an earful from me about the way the law is administered in this country
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2017, 10:33 PM
Harvey, my mum knows a magistrate, she is so frustrated...the prisons are full so she has been told community service, probation etc for the vast majority of cases where she would have imposed a custodial sentence before. My uncle made me laugh, we would turn up to court, he would book in and then go and check who was on in his courtroom....this one fella always sentenced him, he would walk out of court and await his arrest for non appearance....all the police knew him and where to find him...he would be in court the next few days with a different judge and get probation
TW....thats awesome news
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Hi
Late on the go,as usual
TW,just wanted to say thanks for your kind words last nightand WOW brilliant news for the puppies
Right then,let's get this Numbnuts sorted out thenSounds like a total waste of space...toolbox!!Not sure he'd be as quick to cause mayhem if you had a man living with you.He knows you're on your own,which makes him a total coward!!Report all of it,that way it's on file should anything else happen.Or maybe GRIFF and I will pop over and accidentally let the girlies out!
LYNN(( hugs))I really hope you can get things sorted,you deserve to be happy,we all do.Sometimes life can feel like system overload,to much going on at onceWe're all here for you xxx
KAZZ,you are a scream
Hope everyone is ok.Had a nanny nap for a wee hour earlier(didn't sleep last night) so now of course I'm bouncing off the walls
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2017, 11:32 PM
That's fantastic news TW, regarding the numpty- I'd get in touch with the police, I blurdy hate bullies

Right only a quick pop in tonight, I'm very aches & tired tonight
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >