Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2010, 03:37 PM

Replacement Metal Tray for Crate

Hi Does anyone know where I can get a replacement metal tray from for a crate (76 x 53 cm)? I have looked on the net & they all appear to be plastic. The only reason I want to get a metal one is because Max my BT has destroyed the plastic one by chewing AND EATING all the edges! Thank you for your help!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi, getting metal trays is nigh on impossible. Crates always used to be metal, but now they are using plastic, I can only assume that it's so they can sell you a replacement when your puppy eats it. I sell crates in my shop and was annoyed to find that the decent metal ones are now plastic, and the packaging etc. hasn't changed, neither has the price. Sorry, not much help, but I'd look out for a second hand crate with a metal tray if I were you.
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Hi, getting metal trays is nigh on impossible. Crates always used to be metal, but now they are using plastic, I can only assume that it's so they can sell you a replacement when your puppy eats it. I sell crates in my shop and was annoyed to find that the decent metal ones are now plastic, and the packaging etc. hasn't changed, neither has the price. Sorry, not much help, but I'd look out for a second hand crate with a metal tray if I were you.
Thanks for your reply! It's typical that I should want what I can't get!!
rubythebeagle
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi, Not sure about metal trays on there own but if you search ebay they have crates with metal trays. I dont know how to do a link, but user name pls_uk has some. I havent used this seller but the cage looks similar to the one i got from Rubys breeder.
Max-a-million!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by rubythebeagle View Post
Hi, Not sure about metal trays on there own but if you search ebay they have crates with metal trays. I dont know how to do a link, but user name pls_uk has some. I havent used this seller but the cage looks similar to the one i got from Rubys breeder.
Thanks for your info. I have just gone onto eBay and bought one! Hope he won't try to destroy this one!!