View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 11:17 PM

At what point did you stick with your breed?

To those who have/have had more than one dog of the same breed...

At what point did you realise (if you did...) that that was YOUR breed and the one you wanted from then on?

Had you always loved the one breed and stuck with them from the start? Or had you had different breeds and after having had one of said breed, you decided you loved them and would always want them?

I hope that makes sense, I am quite tired
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 11:19 PM
I was always a GSD person until I read about the Weimaraner, once I saw one I was hooked. I have had 4.

It is doubtful if I would have any more as I wanted to branch out in other areas hence my GSD. And my next breed will be a BSD.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm looking at getting another CKC, I want some bigger dogs in the future, but CKCs are the kindest most wonderful friends.
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Had our first GSD when I was six & since then there have been GSDs & dogs, I would consider a small pastoral dog as well as a GSD but I would not be hsappy without a GSD.
Itoy & Suerti
New Member!
Female 

18-09-2012, 03:35 AM
I grew up with the lovely GSD's, but moving out of home with OH, we know that a smaller dog/s suit our lifestyle, we got Itoy by pure luck, not knowing much about Lhasa Apso's, but we adore the breed - and always thought all dogs from here on of ours will be Lhasa Apso's also, But then we fell in love with Suerti (Daschund x maltese) so I think its more about which breed fits into each lifestyle
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 05:47 AM
I grew up with a beagle so knew I didn't want one of those! Had labradors when I first got married but then had a collie cross and that was it - always border collies from now on - had six for a while and am now nicely settled with four!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Always been GSDs for me since as far back as I can remember. It was the breed I dreamed of owning when I was a child and a GSD was my first dog. I have had one or two (and three at the moment) ever since. I have also had two BCs and while I also love that breed, I am doubtful I will have another. I may have a different breed alongside my GSD in the future (or I might just have two GSDs ) but the one breed I know I will always want is the GSD.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2012, 06:34 AM
Ollie was my Bernese and after him and now Dillon I know if I have another dog it will have to be the Bernese again.
Jesss
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2012, 06:55 AM
I've had a collie cross spaniel since I was 12 he's 10 now going to collect a puppy of the same breed in 2 weeks. He has a lovely nature, as a breed they are too clever with too much energy but it's fun to burn off on walks and ball chasing. I wouldn't be without will
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2012, 07:03 AM
We puppywalked a Flat Coat for guide dogs. The more I learned about them the more I wanted one of our own. We now have 2 and I cannot imagine life without one.
We had always had collies in the past, my husband has had them all his life. A foster collie arrived on Friday and I have to say it feels kind of right to have a collie in the house again ( although somewhat diluted at almost 15 lol!) I think my hubby and son have a bit of a collie want going on!!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >